The RFP Writer will develop qualitative and quantitative responses to requests for proposals (RFPs) from prospective and current investors. The professional will draw upon knowledge of alternative investment strategies and the firm to complete proposals for new business. The individual will be responsible for working closely with various internal teams to develop content. This role requires strong written and oral communication skills, the ability to work in a dynamic group environment, analytical skills and project management capabilities.
The individual will be involved in the following critical activities:
- Coordinate responses to RFPs and Requests for Information (RFIs) from prospective and existing clients across our alternative investment platform, which includes hedge funds, private equity, infrastructure and real estate. Responsibilities will include, among other things, compiling existing and previously approved material, drafting new responses and coordinating input from various functional areas throughout the firm.
- Write responses that strategically position the firm and demonstrate how we can meet the investor's needs.
- Develop and manage internal project timelines to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Retrieve and analyze data to complete quantitative components of RFPs/RFIs and ensure data provided is accurate and applicable.
- Draft written responses to questions based on verbal direction or summary information from other departments or professionals.
- Liaise with members of Business Development, Investments, Finance, Operations, Technology and Legal to develop responses.
- Coordinate internal approvals with members of Senior Management, Investment, Legal Team and other teams, as appropriate.
- Maintain and develop the Firm's internal database (PMAPS) of approved client responses.
- Monitor open RFP submissions and follow-up with internal parties on wins and losses.
- Provide ongoing input regarding process and technology improvements.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The ideal experience and critical competencies for the role include the following:
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or a related field with a superior grade point average.
- 3-5 years of RFP-writing experience in the alternatives investment industry.
- Knowledge of hedge funds, private equity, infrastructure and/or real estate strongly preferred.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills (writing samples will be required).
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to marshal resources, communicate and manage timelines and responsibilities.
- Ability to understand and analyze financial data.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Suite of products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
- High degree of integrity and the ability to recognize the requirements of confidentiality.
- Outstanding decision making and problem solving skills.
- Entrepreneurial approach to task management. Ability to take control and manage tasks independently to closure.
In terms of cultural fit, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and energized by working amongst a group of thoughtful, smart and successful colleagues. He or she will enjoy being part of an organization focused on excellence and will be a naturally collaborative person who enjoys interacting with individuals at all levels. Additionally, he or she will be a strong team player with a proactive approach and the ability to exercise discretion and judgment.