Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, verifying and processing invoices in an accurate and timely manner. Administers Accounts Payable and other related accounting functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Process vendor invoices for payment in an efficient, accurate and timely manner.
- Facilitate payment inquiries by researching and providing necessary information.
- Communicate with other employees relating to invoice submissions and completion of payments as well as any special requests.
- Verify approval signatures and valid general ledger account codes. Ensure the accuracy of the vendor invoice in relation to payment routing instructions.
- Research invoice discrepancies and resolve any issues.
- Provide supporting documentation for audits.
- Provide accurate document preparation and records management for the AP function in accordance with records retention policies and procedures.
- Prioritize multiple tasks and provide flexibility when requested to work on special projects, including working overtime if necessary to ensure pertinent department tasks are completed.
- Demonstrate regular attendance and timeliness in reporting to work, meetings and completing assignments.
Other Job Functions:
- Other administrative tasks as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 6 months to two years previous AP/AR & settlements experience preferred.
- Dedication to excellence; flexibility; and teamwork skills required.
- Effective interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in fast paced, high energy environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while paying close attention to details.
- High degree of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Computer literate on an intermediate level in Microsoft suite of products – Word, Outlook, Excel
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 90% of the time
- Position requires operation of a computer and other standard office equipment, such as a calculator, printer, copy machine up to 90% of the time
- Frequently communicates with employees in the office and at remote locations