Formed in 1895, Gaumont is the first and oldest film company in the world, with offices in Paris and West Hollywood, California. With the highly successful U.S. television group (Narcosand Hannibal) and burgeoning U.S. film, animation, and distribution groups, it is an exciting time to join the team as Gaumont continues to grow into a dynamic global brand.
Gaumont is seeking a Marketing Assistant to join the Marketing Department. This person will report directly to the Vice President, Marketing and support the Marketing Team across initiatives. The ideal candidate will have an eye for design with proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Assist in the development, drafting and creation of department presentations and research decks for the department
- Work with internal teams within creative services, production, animation, distribution, acquisitions and operations departments as well as external vendors, co-production partners, etc. on procuring contracted marketing materials as well as provide these materials as needed to both vendors and clients
- Assist in the management of all company social media pages & sites - auditing, creating content, updating. This position will be key in helping us raise the awareness over-all for Gaumont and its impressive content offering
- Assist in multiple capacities on special events, such as industry trade shows, screenings, consumer marketing programs, etc. through outreach, creation of invitations, assisting in the procuring of branded giveaways, booking and graphic build out of stands, managing shipments to and from all locations
- Work closely with outside creative vendors/contractors in the delivery of all assets needed for print, video, digital initiatives and premiums
- Facilitate awards submissions - organizing the identification of awards consideration and the processing of entries - both for television shows, theatrical (US) and Gaumont staff
- Oversee the organization of the department shared drive - ensuring all assets are clearly identified and easily accessible
- Clerical support which include managing invoices, tracking payments, coordinating shipments to and from regional offices and the updating of all department tracking grids
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills, both oral and written in English with French being a big bonus
- Social Media experience with knowledge around social media analytic tools (Hootsuite, Twitter Analyics, Facebook Analytics, Crowdfire, etc.)
- Must be highly proficient across the Adobe Creative Suite of tools with a strong sense of design as well as ability. Above standard working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Professional, discreet with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Reliable, punctual, a motivated self-starter who will be proactive as well as be able to follow instructions bringing all projects through to completion both on budget and on time.
- Ability to work at a fast pace while managing multiple tasks and maintaining a professional attitude
- Strong multi-tasking abilities, can work independently but also possess a strong sense of team
- Meticulous attention to details and ability to prioritize effectively as well as manage up when needed
- Proactive in keeping abreast of industry developments and company news
Gaumont's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender or gender identity or expression, genetics or any other federal/state protected category.
Gaumont will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local Fair Change Hiring Ordinances.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules