Driven by Possibility Gates Corporation is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. At Gates, we are driven to push the boundaries of materials science to engineer products that continually exceed expectations. We don’t rest on our rich heritage of innovation. We leverage it to inspire solutions that will power the next hundred years. We invest continually in R&D and technology, so our products not only outperform industry standards; they exceed our customers’ demanding expectations. We invest in our people, bringing real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers’ diverse challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow. And we are constantly expanding our product catalog and value-added service offerings to support every facet of our customers’ operations. In the most extreme environments and those more familiar, Gates is there with the right product, in the right place at the right time. Whether building original equipment or maintaining products in the aftermarket, we enable companies in every industry to be more efficient, productive, and profitable. We are Gates. POSITION SUMMARY: This role includes a broad responsibility to develop, secure, manage and grow market share of products/product lines with assigned regional accounts at key OEM (Agr & Construction) customers. This person will develop intimate awareness of customer strategic goals, cycle plans and initiatives within the North American and global marketplace. This role participates as regional account lead and part of global team. Additional responsibilities include setting strategies for sales growth to ensure projects are successfully managed yielding satisfied customers and high returns for the organization. Position also works closely with associate Management, Global Product Line Management, Program Managers and Applications Engineers. This person will work closely with Gates Finance, Operations and Product Development and Pricing to support testing, sampling and product commercialization. With a high degree of integrity, this role calls on top accounts to ensure early engagement in new product platforms. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned beyond the core functions listed below. -Responsible to oversee, grow and manage sales & profitability expectations. -Manages multimillion dollar account assignment and responsibility for total business relationship and overall satisfaction with assigned customer base. Develop strong relationships and contacts at assigned accounts and will have domestic account responsibility for key account(s). -Conduct and provide industry segment forecast and trend data to marketing team as required. -Develop comprehensive and collaborative business planning and CRM use. -Leads strategies for products or services provided responding to changing market conditions. -Manage and develop customer relationship including Customer Scorecard advising company needs to exceed customer expectations. -Manages and interacts regularly with internal resources to develop customer solutions and insight. -Other tasks or duties as assigned. #LI-SD1
- Bachelor degree in business management or engineering preferred.
- 5+ years of sales experience selling and negotiating directly to major OE manufacturers.
- Management of Global customers, with global experience, and understanding of various cultures.
- Powertrain product, Power Transmission product, or Fluid Power product background is required
A highly organized and systematic approach to account management along with technical selling skills is required for successful account penetration. Experience in recommending the right solution to meet customer requirements is an essential skill.
- Strong selling, marketing and negotiating skills with Agriculture, Construction and/or Industrial customers
- High degree of managerial, leadership and communication skills
- Strong business management capabilities
- A thorough understanding of market pricing pressures and industry demands
- Business strategy development and implementation capabilities required
- Comprehensive knowledge of products and markets
- Knowledge of factors affecting profits and ROI
- Demonstrated forecasting and planning skills
- Project Management aptitude
- Product commercialization for both process and development
- Ability to coordinate activities of other team members as needed and manage all aspects of customer programs/systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to represent OEM challenges to the organization for continuous improvement
- Ability to contribute to the development of sales budgets and forecasts
- Ability to provide uncompromised customer service
Functions as an individual contributor with direct responsibility to manage key NA OEM customer accounts. Typically reports to a Director.
TRAVEL: 50% - 60%
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Gates Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other consideration defined by law.