Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivers new hire orientation and other training programs as needed.
- Understands and explains company policies, programs, benefits and related information.
- Assists with unit-specific program design, development and implementation; and assists with implementation of any enterprise-wide programs, as needed.
- Maintains employee personnel files, bulletin boards, recruiting tracker, exit interview tracker, and attendance system.
- Ensures that weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Accomplishes the Human Resources objectives and contributes to the organization’s mission by delivering related results as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, ideally in HR, Industrial Relations or Business Administration.
- HR designation a definitive asset.
- Prior work experience with at least 2-4 years in a Human Resources related role.
- Experience working in an airline, transportation, hospitality, manufacturing or food service environment highly desirable.
- Experience having worked in a unionized environment highly desirable.
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- Demonstrated knowledge of provincial and federal employment law
- Effective relationship building and ability to work as a member of a diverse and multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of integrity and confidentiality.
- Capacity to prioritize multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- High degree of flexibility and ability to react to changing priorities.
- Action oriented and ability to withstand pressure under often highly stressful circumstances.
- Must have strong computer and database application skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Language / Communication Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must also be a good listener.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and to both unionized and salary employees.