Position is responsible for supporting the operational unit with meeting customer requirements and needs. This position will act as the liaison between the airline customer and the Gate Gourmet operational unit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Represents assigned customer interests within the unit
- Agrees on performance expectations with the commercial team and works with GM/Unit staff to deliver against these expectations
- Approves (w/GM consent) specialty orders, uplifts, and responsible for invoice accuracy and timelines.
- Works closely with the production team in order to maintain a continuous knowledge of current specifications and customer expectations through routine audits.
- Ensures supply chain/purchasing has current up to date data and support purchasing requirements.
- Ensures that all processes and procedures related to specific flights are completed, quality standards are met, and additional revenue opportunities documented on invoice.
- Communicates the customer goals and represents the customer interests to the local GGI team.
- Strong understanding of unit capabilities and services, and effectively communicates all offerings to the client w/GM approval.
- Reports to the GM and or Account Director, providing regular input on all account activity, including service status and call reports on a weekly basis.
- Provides coordination between customer and GGI on special events such as Menu Presentation (scheduling, transportation, security, specs available, tent cards, tasting equipment, unit tours, beverages, etc.).
- Owner of T-minus schedule to facilitate changes and bringing all departments together for success.
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times. Treats the customer with dignity and respect.
- Full knowledge of any customer specific requirements in Service Agreement and delivers.
- Daily reconciliation of delays and communications need activities as required.
- Communicates daily to the GG operations team of any spec changes, performance issues, call backs, inspections, etc., from previous day. Drives root cause analysis.
- Weekly recaps of delays vs. targets, FAC’s, and Update with customer on weekly basis and local station management.
- Ensures that customer issues are dealt with in an efficient manner, informing the General Manager and Commercial leader (PAM. Local Director) of any problems that may arise.
- Weekly inventory status checks.
- Cycle change t-minus chart ownership for airline(s) assigned.
- Interface with commercial team on weekly/monthly basis
- Responsible for all customer communications, conflict resolution, and compliance on customer deliverables.
- Provides regular two-way communication between the client and local GGI, to provide strong team representation and set proper client expectations.
Coordinate all menu presentations with customer
- Confirm spec issued between all depts.…ASG, Chefs, production depts., pricing, etc.
- Room properly set up for guests include tent cards for all menu items, include tasting needs.
- Setup of spec reference for review or questions.
- Food and beverage coordination with production depts.
- Coordination of customer visit to the units. Coordinate tours, arrival times, departure times, transportation if needed.
- Ensures customer inventory sheet to be current and up to date par levels.
- Manages inventory process taken accurately and on time. Results reviewed before submission to the customer. Communicate to the customer when par levels need to change.
- Provides customer feedback to help customer reduce costs through inventory management.
- Warehouse space, issue here is to not be a warehouse for obsolete or excessive inventory.
- Ensures that Customs requirements, GGI Bonded policy and local Agriculture (compliance agreement) are implemented
- Assist internal department on quality/compliance through weekly specification checks and audits (chef tables, packing diagrams, CCP’s, VSIE process, safety).
- Compares FACs against goals.
- Ownership of CSI and drives the process as outlined in GG policy and procedures
- Weekly documented billing checks to ensure items billed.
- Monthly service order review to ensure all service items captured and aligned with CXP and Sales Force
- Manages to a customer-specific set of KPI’s – reports on this performance to the commercial team, agrees performance targets to these KPI’s (e.g., delays, complaints, audit results) with Commercial VP and GM
- Annual (or quarterly) customer feedback survey on each aspect of the role – communication, inventory management, Quality cost management/invoice accuracy, and customer service orientation (does the customer view this role as representing their interests in the unit)
- High School Diploma or GED required with commensurate work experience
- Associates degree or diploma from a university or college preferred
Work Experience :
- Minimum 3 years of account/project management experience
- 3 years of experience in sales, marketing or customer service or a related field.
- Experience working in the airline industry is preferred.
- Experience working in the catering or food service industry is preferred.
- Experience working with SAP preferred.
Job Skills :
- Proven Account Management skills required in order to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships
- Extremely detail oriented
- Technical and analytical competence (understand software, hardware, networks, etc.)
- Motivated, goal oriented, persistent
- High level of initiative and work well in a fast paced, team environment
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction
Communication Skills :
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate well with internal and external customers.
- Bilingual (English/French) a plus
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations :
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to obtain a RAIC
Environmental Requirements :
- Regularly stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts of 10+ hours as needed.
- In a normal production kitchen facility there may be physical discomfort due to temperature and noise.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and move product, equipment, supplies, etc., in excess of twenty-five (25) pounds.
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
- Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
- Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
- Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
- Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment criminal check.
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
Gate Gourmet is proud to be an Equa l Opportunity Employer!