Responsible for the development and implementation of strategic marketing communications campaigns for the Education and Events group and assist on corporate and energy technology development initiatives. Deliver strong brand, messaging and visual presence through multiple channels targeted at both internal and external audiences to support the group’s business and financial goals and build brand visibility and reputation.
- Develops internal and external integrated marketing communications campaigns and implements strategic tactics for a broad variety of communication platforms and channels, including marketing collateral, website presence, social networks, media outreach, and events. Designs and/or writes flyers, brochures, email blasts, videos, signage, trade show graphics, publications, program logos, and more.
- Responsible for marketing support and graphic design and implementation of education and training conferences, workshops, and courses across an array of energy-related topic areas. Responsibilities cover marketing, and implementation for the events.
- Works with Web Communications Specialist for internal/external web design and implementation. Creates infographics and other visuals to support content and keeps information current.
- Enhances GTI's Education and Events group’s online presence and visibility by increasing presence and frequency of social media posts. Researches and develops content and creates supporting graphics.
- Supports Education and Events outreach by distributing press releases, coordinating media events, and creating content for trade publications and media.
- Creates and manages Education marketing assets including photographs, videos, logos, and corporate templates. Organizes and maintains corporate-level collateral.
- Interfaces closely with Director of Marketing Communications and with internal/external customers, media, vendors, and the public to build relationships, provide information, and continually promote GTI’s image.
- As needed, assists in the development of articles for GTI's intranet news features to enhance employee communications and engagement. Creates promotional materials for corporate events and takes event photos.
Required Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Graphic design experience and intimate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite layout, illustration, and photo retouching programs. Photography and/or video experience a plus
- Experienced in Microsoft Office 365 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel). Experience with Teams and SharePoint a plus.
- Experienced with Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and knowledgeable about social media best practices and digital content strategy
- Ability to interface with technical experts, business professionals, and various external contacts
- Capable of analyzing complex technical information, extracting big picture/broader issues, and converting into easy-to-understand language
- Outstanding judgment in both the creative aspect as well as strategic impact and relationship to corporate objectives
- Outgoing personality and great interpersonal skills plus a focus on high-quality work
- Strong organizational, project management, and time management skills
- Must be flexible, adaptive, and a team player with the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
Education and Experience Desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field; minimum 7 years of experience