ELS Language Centers in Toronto - Assistant Registrar
The position requires excellent customer and leadership skills. The person should have very outgoing personality and work well with others. The job requires an extremely organized individual with strong attention to detail and is capable of delivering accurate information in a timely and efficient manner.
Opportunities for advancement and partner services and communications
University or College Degree/Diploma preferred or in progress and some related experience.
The Registrar is specifically responsible for performing the following duties:
- Processing student applications and registrations, including invoices and Letters of Acceptance, in both the Student Database and Accounting programs.
- Maintaining accurate student records/files.
- Communicating with overseas and local representatives with regards to student registrations.
- Coordinating communication with the homestay office with regards to student homestay registrations and airport pick-up requirements.
- Collecting and processing students' payments as required.
- Coordinating with school marketing staff to ensure that agent requests regarding student applications and processing is being done in a timely manner.
- Selling/explaining the program to prospective students.
- Assisting students with their day to day requests regarding their programs, accommodations and adjusting to life in Canada.
- Various office administration duties (including but not limited to answering phones, ordering supplies, dealing with vendors and suppliers, greeting visitors).
- Assisting in the preparation of official forms and certificates.
- Assisting other administrative staff members as required.
- Coordinating the intake day registration process of the new students.
- Helping to maintain the faculty room and other common area of the school organized.
- To perform other duties as assigned.
Standards of Performance
The Standards of Performance for the Registrar are met when:
- Enrollments are processed and acceptance material is sent out within two working days of receipt.
- All agent inquiries are promptly answered.
- Student records are accurate and up to date.
- All student homestay and pick up requirements are promptly and accurately communicated to the Homestay Company and/or agents.
- The Intake Day registration process is completed in a friendly and professional manner.
- Students are met and assisted with inquiries and registration in a friendly and professional manner.
- Other members of the administrative staff receive reasonable support.
- Other duties are completed as assigned.
Working hours/Compensation/Application deadline:
- Working days are Monday through Friday 08:00-04:30 (40 hours/week) - salary $36,000 - 38,000.00 room for advancement after 6 months. Extended medical and dental after the probationary period.
- Job is available immediately. Email your resume along with cover letter. No phone calls or site visits please.
Job Type: Full-time
- English proficiency (Preferred)