Connect with us LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
Thinking about a change?
EllisDon Facilities Services has recently increased its portfolio with a contract award for West Park Hospital and is also in negotiation for Royal Inland in Kamloops. With 5 other hospitals, a courthouse and three light rail projects, we are a leader in public-private partnerships (PPP) specializing in the maintenance of technologically sophisticated buildings and systems across Canada. EllisDon Facilities Services is recruiting and in search of a Facility General Manager.
We recognize that the construction industry is changing at a rapid pace and we continually strive to be at the forefront. Our core values empower people to deliver great careers and develop creative solutions for complex problems on some of the most intricate projects. It doesn’t matter what your expertise and craft is – there are no boundaries. We are a group of leading professionals with a variety of expertise: engineers, investment bankers, superintendents, estimators, software engineers, accountants, lawyers, marketing and communications consultants, sustainability professionals, and project managers. As you can see, we are a diverse bunch.
In case you’re curious, here’s what the industry thinks of us and some cool things we have done.
You as a Facilities Services General Manager will:
- Provide a focal point and be accountable for all aspects of P3 operational service delivery, ensuring the effective management of the work being undertaken by specialists, contractors and in-house staff
- Responsible for Health & Safety of all direct & indirect reports
- Review the reactive and planned preventative maintenance requirement, breakdown frequency and duration, customer satisfaction and financial data to set and develop the provision of service to required levels of performance.
- Ensures all regulatory compliance requirements have been performed and all related documentation is created and maintained including preparing regular, timely and accurate reports for all aspects of services delivered.
- Manage and monitor material and labour costs for service delivery and report on expenditure, cost recovery and performance to ensure the most economic use of budgets.
- Proactively report on delivery and performance to demonstrate effective management of the Facility by utilizing available tools and information available from the likes of the CMMS
- Ensure detailed, accurate and up to date records of site infrastructure, plant and equipment are maintained including product and technical information.
- Constantly review the department’s workload to achieve a cost-effective service and regularly assess to ensure continuous service delivery with a focus on safety and quality outputs.
- Establish necessary policies, procedures, action plans, critical indicators, timetables and performance measures to guarantee high-quality services and timely deliverables to the customer.
- Ensure we have a quality management program in place and identify and develop areas of continuous improvement to meet or exceed our Key Performance Indicators and maintain an overall high level of service delivery.
Is this the right role for you?
- You have a Facilities Management, Engineering or Mechanical degree or equivalent combination of technical training and industry memberships,
- Have a minimum of ten (10) years facilities management including those related to P3; exposure to a Hospital environment would be an advantage.
- You have a full understanding and proven experience with operational service delivery, maintenance and life-cycle budgeting and are technically competent in understanding statutory and mandatory compliances and legislation.
- Have a sound knowledge of contract financials including budget preparation, review and successfully meeting targets set
- Experienced in the management of projects end to end i.e. scope development, spec development, tendering review and evaluation, managing contractor installation, quality review, project closeout, etc.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to work with limited supervision and manager with proven skills in managing staff to promote superior service delivery and fostering teamwork.
EllisDon is proud to provide this unique career opportunity within a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation package.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.
Accommodation for Applicants will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
Apply today at www.ellisdon.com (or Share on LinkedIn , Facebook)