Connect with us LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
Thinking about a change?
We recognize that the construction industry is changing at a rapid pace and we continually strive to be at the forefront. Our core values empower people to deliver great careers and develop creative solutions for complex problems on some of the most intricate projects. It doesn’t matter what your expertise and craft is – there are no boundaries. We are a group of leading professionals with a variety of expertise: engineers, investment bankers, superintendents, estimators, software engineers, accountants, lawyers, marketing and communications consultants, sustainability professionals, and project managers. As you can see, we are a diverse bunch.
In case you’re curious, here’s what the industry thinks of us and some cool things we have done.
You as a an Area Scheduler will be responsible for:
- Work with the Operations Manager scheduling champion to develop and maintain an area project schedule monitoring and implementation strategy.
- Work with the Operations Manager to develop standardized scheduling protocols for the area.
- Liaise with the corporate schedule department and keep the area abreast of corporate scheduling initiatives and plans and best practices.
- Work with the EllisDon’s estimating to develop schedules for estimating and proposal purposes.
- Track and monitor scheduling software licencing and associated costs for the Area. Be the point of contact for area staff to receive scheduling software
- Research training opportunities for area staff to become proficient with the use of the area scheduling software, Primavera and Last Planner. Where appropriate, provide training to project teams.
- Aid Project Managers and Superintendents in the development of project schedules.
- Aid Project teams and the Operations Manager implementing advanced tools and techniques
- Regularly review the schedules of area projects and provide feedback to the project teams and the core team.
- Assist in developing schedule recovery plans.
- On projects of large size and complexity, take a lead role in schedule development and tracking. Prepare look ahead and what if schedules and prepare schedules for regular reporting.
- Advise the Operations Manager on the overall status of the areas schedules. Keep the core team apprised of any major variances or cues that projects are in jeopardy of not meeting schedule. Develop a “Red light Green Light” tracking of all area schedules for the Operations Manager and Area Manager’s use.
- Maintain a database of schedules (master and base line) for all projects. Develop procedures for back up and storage.
- Develop a method of recording productivity to be implemented on projects.
- Attend Project Execution Plan meetings and provide input to project teams regarding schedules presented.
Is this the right role for you?
- You have a construction related degree/diploma and seven or more years of scheduling experience or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience
- You have a working knowledge of computer scheduling programs including P6, and experience in litigation/claims management is an asset.
- You have the ability to coordinate multiple schedules, solve schedule conflicts under pressure and understanding the complex construction sequence
EllisDon is proud to provide this unique career opportunity within a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation package.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.
Accommodation for Applicants will be made during the recruitment process when requested.