Elliott Davis is a rapidly growing CPA firm with over 700 professionals across multiple states within the Southeast. Consistently named among the “Best Places to Work," we are committed to providing employees with opportunities, benefits and programs that contribute to long term career fulfillment.
We’re Elliott Davis, and we’re revolutionizing what it means to work in the public accounting field. Starting with a powerful mixture of wisdom, energy and fresh perspective, we dig deep, finding the courage to challenge every comfortable assumption the system has been built upon. Around here we may do the work of accountants, but we think like startup entrepreneurs, social do-gooders and community leaders.
So, what does that mean for you? We are so glad you asked. As part of the Elliott Davis team, you’ll get hands-on experience working alongside some of the leading experts in the financial and consulting field, while enjoying the freedom and autonomy to manage your career and make a positive impact on the world.
Tax Staff Responsibilities include:
- Prepare tax returns including supporting work papers for various entities such as individuals, corporations, partnerships, estates, trusts, non-profits, etc.
- Research and consult on various tax projects
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS and other taxing authorities
- Research tax matters
- Anticipate problems/issues and keep in-charge/manager informed of engagement status
- Respond to clients in timely manner as promised
- Develop positive working relationships with all clients
- Cross-sell opportunities among existing clients
- Display exemplary work habits in clients’ offices
- Foster environment of teamwork
- Participate in recruitment of new and experienced staff
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
Tax Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Master’s Degree or 150 credits to meet CPA license requirements
- GPA 3.25 or higher
- Understanding & application of fundamental principles of tax law
- Exhibit understanding of authorities, legal precedents, rulings, and regulation levels
- Understanding of computer software for tax preparation
- Strong time and work management skills
- Effective communications and listening skills
- Displays executive presence, business acumen, and “street smarts”
- Substantial progress toward certification