We’re Elliott Davis, and we’re revolutionizing what it means to work in the public accounting field. Starting with a powerful mixture of wisdom, energy and fresh perspective, we dig deep, finding the courage to challenge every comfortable assumption the system has been built upon. Around here we may do the work of accountants, but we think like startup entrepreneurs, social do-gooders and community leaders.
Ready to use your passion & drive to up your career game? We’re ready for you. Let’s talk.
Our ENVISION program is an internship experience designed to give students an opportunity to explore potential career paths with Elliott Davis and obtain valuable work experience in the public accounting field. You’ll also learn that community service comes with the territory.
Interns will receive exposure to a variety of accounting areas and will receive hands-on experience through assigned responsibilities. These may include field engagements involving auditing, accounting, compilations and review, or tax services. In addition, in-house assignments will be given, involving such areas as research on accounting projects and preparation of client tax returns and worksheets.
Listed below are the responsibilities for an ENVISION Intern:
- Professional/Technical Competence
- Develops technical proficiency and competence
- Begins to identify issues and applies accounting principles/assurance procedures
- Learns to apply information technology tools
- Receives exposure to the preparation of business correspondence
- Client Focus
- Receives experience in working with clients
- Maintains confidentiality at all times
- Learns to apply exemplary work habits in clients’ offices
- Becomes part of client service team
- Responds to work requests in timely manner as promised
- Business Focus
- Keeps in-charge/manager informed of work assignments status
- Begins to demonstrates strong time and work management skills
- Gains an understanding of firm and its capabilities/services
- Staff Development
- Fosters environment of teamwork
- Personal Development
- Learns and applies effective communication and listening skills
- Becomes aware of executive presence, business acumen, and “street smarts”
Listed below are the requirements for ENVISION Interns:
- Must be enrolled in an accounting program (or related major)
- Must be at least a rising senior by the time the internship commences
- Must have a GPA of 3.25 or greater
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US without sponsorship