Elliott Davis is a rapidly growing CPA firm with over 700 professionals across multiple states within the Southeast. Consistently named among the “Best Places to Work," we are committed to providing employees with opportunities, benefits and programs that contribute to long term career fulfillment.
We’re Elliott Davis, and we’re revolutionizing what it means to work in the public accounting field. Starting with a powerful mixture of wisdom, energy and fresh perspective, we dig deep, finding the courage to challenge every comfortable assumption the system has been built upon. Around here we may do the work of accountants, but we think like startup entrepreneurs, social do-gooders and community leaders.
So, what does that mean for you? We are so glad you asked. As part of the Elliott Davis team, you’ll get hands-on experience working alongside some of the leading experts in the financial and consulting field, while enjoying the freedom and autonomy to manage your career and make a positive impact on the world.
Audit Responsibilities include:
- Identify issues and applies accounting principles/ auditing procedures
- Prepare clear, concise, and neat work-papers with definitive conclusions as well as meaningful and well-written recommendations for inclusion in client correspondence
- Develop positive working relationships with all clients
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Display exemplary work habits in clients’ offices
- Become effective part of client service team
- Respond to clients in timely manner as promised
- Comply with firm’s practice management procedures/systems
- Anticipate problems/issues and keep in-charge/manager informed of engagement status
- Cross-sell opportunities among existing clients
- Participate in recruitment of new and experienced staff
Audit Staff Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Master’s Degree or 150 credits to meet CPA license requirements
- GPA 3.25 or higher
- Strong time and work management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills; effective listening skills
- Effective analytical and problem-solving ability