About This Position
As our Office Experience Manager, you will bring a deep passion for people, teams, culture, and positive work environments with you to your new position on this team. You will play a vital role in managing the Ellevest HQ office environment and employee experience, supporting a diverse set of initiatives that allow our office and team to function successfully. This role will enable you to lead the day-to-day office operations efforts, while also partnering with our IT and finance & accounting teams to support broader business operations needs. You possess the ability to connect with executives and all members of the team, as well as lead projects and initiatives with detail orientation and enthusiasm.
You will partner with our People Operations team and our co-founders to drive forward employee experience efforts. From planning our annual Offsites to coming up with new culture-building experiences for the team, you will ideate and follow through on the development of employee experience offerings that connect us as a team and help us live out our Core Values. You have demonstrated a successful track record juggling multiple projects at once, prioritizing to achieve the best outcomes for a team. You are an extremely thoughtful, organized, detail-oriented go-getter, able to thrive in the face of ambiguity and competing priorities, and find solutions to new challenges as they arise. You are excited to work with a growing team, and plan ahead for our office and facilities needs as our team expands. You delight in finding ways to automate solutions to support a team, and surface patterns of requests and feedback that can be addressed in new and lasting ways.
- Manage the daily operations of our New York City office
- Be a go-to person for our team in person, as well as for remote employees and contractors
- Oversee and develop our office facilities strategy and execute on current needs, which include but are not limited to managing all office vendors (supplies, catering, cleaning, IT, etc) and building management to keep the team running smoothly
- Serve as an internal liaison to external Business Operations teams including our IT team and our finance & accounting team
- Support our new hire onboarding experience and welcome new Ellevesters to our team
- Spearhead planning and logistics for company events, from annual offsites to monthly culture-building activities
- Document and keep up to date guides and procedures in our company intranet, related to office and business operations, employee experience and people operations
- Greet all guests and visitors for the executive team, coordinate with the host, and ensure meeting spaces are prepared; manage our front desk/reception area
- Manage the office phone system, in-office screens, conference calling systems, office Internet/Wifi, HVAC, etc
- Support our Co-Founders by managing some meeting reservations and administrative tasks
- 2+ years of experience in office & facilities management within a startup environment
- Passion for employee experience; ability to foster an environment of happiness, hospitality and inclusivity at work
- Dedicated attention to detail; resourcefulness to get things done & juggle evolving needs of team
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, as well as excellent written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
- Comfort and ability to with handle confidential communication and information
- Can-do attitude with a proactive drive! No task feels too big or too small
- Proficiency with Google apps (Gmail, Gcal, Gdocs, Gdrive), Microsoft Office (word/excel/powerpoint), and collaboration and document sharing technology (Slack, Box, etc).
- Adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. This includes working independently and on a team
- Passion for our women-oriented mission
Ellevest is a transformative technology company created to help women achieve their financial potential. Ellevest helps women take control of their financial futures through investing, with a beautifully designed digital platform backed by an incredibly smart algorithm. Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck, chair of the Ellevate Network, previously CEO of Smith Barney and Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, formerly CFO of Citi, and author of "Own It: The Power of Women at Work." Ellevest has raised over $44MM from investors like Rethink Impact, Salesforce Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Morningstar, and Venus Williams.
Ellevest has flipped the traditional approach to investing with a real-life, goal-based approach. Clients select personal financial goals such as buying a home, starting a business, raising a family, and retiring well, among others. Ellevest is unique in taking into account a woman's longer lifespan and different salary curve, combined with her current financial picture, to construct highly customized investment portfolios for each of her goals. Ellevest's unique algorithms are designed to get the client to her goal number or better in 70% of market scenarios, higher than traditional financial advisors.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest is a leading tech company in New York City, with a thriving team across our engineering, product, marketing, client experience, investments, and operations organizations. We place a major emphasis on building a team and working environment where individuals can succeed professionally and personally. As a team member at Ellevest, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission, to significantly advance your career trajectory, and to have room for fun and fulfillment in your daily life. We know that achieving a mission as critical as ours requires incredible talent and teamwork, and team is the most important thing to us.
In 2018, Ellevest was awarded the #14 spot on LinkedIn's list of most sought-after startups, as well as a spot on CNBC's Disruptor 50 list -- "identifying start-ups on the cutting edge of huge consumer, tech and business shifts". In 2017, Ellevest was named one of Entrepreneur Magazine's 100 Brilliant Ideas, and CNBC listed Ellevest as one of their Top 25 Most Promising Startups on a path to becoming tomorrow's household names. We were also named one of Entrepreneur Magazine's 100 Brilliant Ideas. We are working every day to make this a reality, and create a brand and a service that closes the female money gap.
Some Benefits of Working at Ellevest
- Flexible Schedule
- Unlimited Vacation
- Beautiful Office in Flatiron
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Instead of a cover letter, we ask you to answer the three questions at the bottom of this application.