Looking to get experience in a fast-paced, purpose-driven company? Ellevate Network is a community of professional women committed to helping each other succeed. We are committed to working with employees who believe that if we get diverse voices, especially those of women, to the table where decisions are made, we can have a more just and equitable world.
We are looking for a full-time social media coordinator to join our rapidly growing New York City team. We strongly value individual perspectives and care deeply about building a positive work environment; each of our small teams operates with a high level of flexibility, autonomy and ownership for our path forward.
We'd like to meet a forward-thinking social media maven who loves keeping up with trends and enjoys combining creativity and strategy to grow an audience. If you're passionate about social media, changing business for the better, and building a supportive community of professional women, we should connect.
What to expect in this role:
- You'll join a small, collaborative, tight-knit B Corp with a big mission: equality for all.
- You'll have direct access to our leadership team, with open lines of communication to discuss the role you play in our growing business.
- You'll lead, modify, and expand our social media content strategy, with guidance from our marketing lead
- You'll develop and execute our paid social media marketing strategy, with guidance from our marketing lead
- You'll work with our designer to bring creative new content to life
- You'll support multiple teams across the company to maximize our impact,
- You'll manage our CEO's social media presence
- You'll have a high level of responsibility and ownership over impactful projects.
- You'll attend and assist at all-hands-on-deck Ellevate events in NYC, after-work on weekdays; we adjust our flexible hours on other days to account for these longer evenings.
Who will be successful in this role?
We're looking for someone with:
- You're collaborative - able to work independently or in a team.
- You're quick on your feet - you know when to be scrappy and when to build out a detailed plan.
- You can effectively communicate with our diverse community.
- You're flexible, empathetic, and patient with both team members and users.
- You're self-motivated, perseverant and excited to contribute to our mission.
Benefits of Working at Ellevate:
- 3+ years working in social media
- Willingness to collaborate to grow our audiences
- Knowledge of social analytics practices and tools
- Confidence and creativity in posting, scheduling, and engaging across social media channels
- An eye for key opportunities for Ellevate to work with social influencers, brands and members
- The ability to engage one on one to build community, secure partnerships, or overcome objections
- The ability to reference several working calendars to organize and maintain a social media content calendar
- Flexible Work Hours & Locations
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Paid parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Time off to volunteer
- Annual wellness reimbursement
- Access to Ellevate's resources, speakers, events, and content.
- Beautiful office with snacks, cold brew, wine, etc.
At Ellevate Network we believe that there is power in diversity. We value different perspectives and recognize that they help us grow.
Ellevate Network is an equal opportunity employer and as such recruits, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.