Looking to get experience in a fast-paced, purpose-driven company? Ellevate Network is a community of professional women committed to helping each other succeed. We are committed to working with employees who believe that if we get diverse voices, especially those of women, to the table where decisions are made, we can have a more just and equitable world.
We are looking for a full-time Growth Engineer to join our rapidly growing New York City team. We strongly value individual perspectives and care deeply about building a positive work environment; each of our small teams operates with a high level of flexibility, autonomy and ownership for our path forward.
After years of exciting expansion, we have quite a few big projects on the horizon. As an engineer focused on our growth, you would work directly with our marketing, sales, and product departments to multiply our results through smart personalization, integrations, and technical solutions.
You're right for the position if you're both collaborative and independent, if you're ready to advance your own career trajectory, and if you're eager to apply your technical skills to an important mission: supporting and growing our community of professional women.
Our interview process doesn't involve white boarding, riddles, or games - we want to understand how you'll fit into our team and contribute to our mission, not how well you recall syntax under pressure.
Our stack is Ruby on Rails, Postgres, Vue.js & Heroku; prior experience as a software engineer is a requirement for this role, experience with our stack is a plus.
What to expect in this role:
- You'll join a small, collaborative, tight-knit B Corp with a big mission: equality for all.
- You'll have a high level of responsibility and ownership over impactful projects.
- You'll have direct access to our leadership team, with open lines of communication to discuss the role you play in our growing business.
- You'll identify and implement technical opportunities for business growth, like:
- Strengthening our tracking of visitors and leads, then leveraging that data to identify new opportunities for personalization and intelligent engagement
- Enabling our Customer Experience team to provide personalized support (ie through Live Chat or automations)
- Introducing new messaging channels outside of email (ie SMS)
- You'll own and improve upon our existing Email CRM and personalization infrastructure, including managing our personalized daily newsletter digest
- You'll contribute to our Rails app, managing integrations with third party tools, introducing new data structures as necessary, and building new connections between data sources
- You'll attend and assist at all-hands-on-deck Ellevate events in NYC, up to twice a month, after-work on weekdays; we adjust our flexible hours on other days to account for these longer evenings.
Who will be successful in this role?
We're looking for someone with:
- You're collaborative - able to work independently or in a team.
- You're quick on your feet - you know when to be scrappy and when to invest and stop cutting corners.
- You can effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical team members.
- You're flexible, empathetic, and patient with both team members and users.
- You're self-motivated, perseverant and excited to contribute to our mission.
We'd love to hire someone with some of these skills:
- 2-4 years working in a professional production environment with:
- API management and integrations, in Rails or another language
- Testing frameworks
- You have experience with and interest in email CRM management and email customization
- You are familiar with website activity tracking, analysis, and personalization (ie via Google Tag Manager or Google Analytics)
- You value using community style guides, common practices & tools to create quality code.
Benefits of Working at Ellevate:
- Email HTML experience
- Marketing background
- Experience with inbound lead tracking and advertising
- Understanding of SEO optimization, search indexing and structures
- "Big Data" and machine learning experience
- Flexible Work Hours & Locations
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Time off to volunteer
- Annual wellness reimbursement
- Access to Ellevate's resources, speakers, events, and content.
- Beautiful office with snacks, cold brew, wine, etc.
At Ellevate Network we believe that there is power in diversity. We value different perspectives and recognize that they help us grow.
Ellevate Network is an equal opportunity employer and as such recruits, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.