For over 30 years, Ellen Weldon Design, LLC has been an originator in the field of invitation design and calligraphy - creating extraordinary visual communications to help clients share the celebration of momentous occasions. Through artistry, passion and purpose, Ellen and a trusted team consistently push creative boundaries; seeking out new technologies and materials to incorporate into one-of-a-kind designs. This creativity and the highest level of personal service allow EWD to consistently meet expectations of excellence and keep a discerning clientele returning time and again.
We are currently seeking a full-time Jr. Designer with:
- an ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize competing demands in a fast-paced creative environment,
- an artistic vision and talent to support the team in both print and digital,
- an exacting attention to detail,
- excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- precise craft and production skills, and
- energy, enthusiasm and a passion for paper.
Your role will include:
- Assisting design team in creating original print & digital invitation designs using calligraphy, type and illustrative artwork
- Designing presentations and mood boards to convey ideas
- Crafting physical samples from digital designs
- Researching industry related design trends and new technologies and keeping up with what is relevant in the fields of fine art, fashion, architecture & interior design, environmental & industrial design, packaging and digital/web/mobile design
- Assisting in design and layout of social posts and marketing materials
- Performing administrative duties related to role and team
- B.A. degree in Graphic Design or a related field (or equivalent educational background)
- An expansive knowledge of typography
- High level of proficiency in all Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Ability to draw and/or paint in Photoshop & create vector illustrations in Illustrator
- Ability to hand watercolor/illustrate/calligraph a plus (optional)
Details & Benefits:
- Full-time in office - 40 hours per week +
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Paid time off
- Personalized stationery
- Calligraphy lessons & field trips
Please submit a resume with cover letter. In the cover letter, please answer the following questions and provide requested items:
- Why do you want to work at Ellen Weldon Design?
- What is the most memorable piece of stationery you have received?
- What is your salary requirement?
- Provide two Professional References
- Submit at least one work sample or link to your work
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift