Crunchyroll is the world's most popular anime brand. We're an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for anime fans, through content (licensed, co-produced, and originals), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more.
About the position:
Are you ready to create unique graphic assets and event experiences that capture the imagination of our audience, to see your designs on numerous digital platforms, at conventions, on building takeovers, billboards, apparel and the myriad print and digital collaterals? Do you love bringing brands to life? We have the perfect opportunity for you. We're looking for an experienced senior graphic designer to join our in-house Design team and work cross-functionally with stakeholders to bring concepts to reality! This is a contract to hire position.
Our headquarters is located in downtown San Francisco, where our group of cross-functional experts assemble to create experiences for Crunchyroll and VRV's passionate communities.
We are seeking a talented Senior Graphic Designer to join our creative team. This role will be responsible for managing the concepting, design, and production of numerous graphic assets for print, events, and digital assets. We are looking for someone who possesses a solid work ethic, understands design across multiple applications, pushes the boundaries within a graphic system, and who, most of all, is passionate about design and creating one-of-a-kind experiences.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record that focuses on bringing innovative ideas to life in pixel-perfect format. You'll be responsible for the ideation and execution of design solutions on various platforms, from websites, event collaterals, life-cycle and paid-media marketing assets to print collaterals, presentations decks, and style guides.
A day in the life of our marketing team:
- A minimum of 7+ years of design experience for environmental or event design within entertainment or lifestyle brands
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic design or a related discipline preferred
- Understanding of print and digital assets best practices
- Experience with conventions and licensed key art is a plus
- An interest in pop culture, anime, media, and/or entertainment strongly preferred
- Experience working cross-functionally with internal and external partners to build consensus on goals and objectives
- Presenting designs and strategies to stakeholders and teammates
- Strong communication, attention to detail, and project management skills
- Ability to integrate feedback and work on various projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to develop conceptual visual ideas and execute against them to create solutions in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment, within brand guidelines to keep brand integrity
- Expert at the Adobe Creative Suite
- Google Suite & Sketch a plus
- As part of the Design team, you are proactive and work cross-functionally with several groups, such as Marketing, Games, and Events
- Innovative as well as very hands-on, you supervise, execute, and collaborate on the concepting, design, and production of projects
- You work with the Design team and its stakeholders, presenting graphics, creative rationale, and design style for approval before proceeding with production
- You get to develop a graphic system that will be implemented on tentpole events
- You create graphic systems style guides to share with other teams
- You maintain a consistently productive approach throughout a project's process and give regular updates to key stakeholders
- You delegate when necessary and develop timelines on all high-volume projects you share with the teams involved
Benefits and Perks:
- Bachelor's degree. Graphic design or related discipline preferred
- A minimum of 7+ years of design experience designing for entertainment, gaming, or lifestyle brands
- Demonstrated ability to develop conceptual visual ideas and execute against them to create solutions in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Expert at the Adobe Creative suite. Google suite knowledge a plus
San Francisco Office
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- On-site gym, showers, yoga, and wellness classes
- Support program for new parents
- Catered lunch and dinner 4 days per week
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
- Pet friendly - pet insurance and dog friendly office
What's with the name, Ellation? We're all a cast of characters that get passion and strive to celebrate fandom in all its forms. So we're building a collection of destinations (a constellation, if you will) that connect people with their passions. Each day, we work to achieve complete fan elation (our vision), starting with popular subscription-video-on-demand brands, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, and VRV. Our team spans across San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Chisinau, and Tokyo to develop the product, design, engineering, marketing, and content that brings our communities of fans together.
Crunchyroll ( http://www.crunchyroll.com/ )is the world's most popular anime brand. We're an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for anime fans, through content (licensed, co-produced, and originals), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more.
Rooster Teeth ( https://roosterteeth.com/ ) is the entertainment company for gamers. A pioneer in digital entertainment, we've spent 16 years fostering a passionate worldwide community around original western-style anime, animation, podcasts, gaming personalities, and comedy content. Rooster Teeth's diversified business encompasses subscription video, live events, merchandise, brand integrations, licensed studio productions, game development, and more.
VRV ( https://vrv.co/ ) is a collection of fandom brands on a unified platform and includes Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Viacom's NickSplat, and more. Our community connects through immersive content experiences in a digitally-driven environment via bundled subscription, a la carte subscription, or ad-supported options.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Ellation. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.