About the Team:
Audience Development is the bridge between the audience and Crunchyroll and VRV at large, super-serving fans around the world in eight different languages with the kind of experiences they can't find anywhere else. The team oversees our award-winning social media network, on-site programming, video production, editorial, and a robust news platform both domestically and internationally. By creating meaningful connections across users, creators and our brand, Audience Development wields many of the tools that bring fans back to Crunchyroll time and time again, guiding them to their next favorite program.
About the Role:
The Manager, Social Media must be a social media expert with solid experience across platforms, analytics, and content types. This role will be responsible for the day-to-day community management contributing towards our off-platform audience growth and engagement. Priorities include managing several full-time employees and off-site contractors, as well as promotion of site content, subscription, events, merchandise, simulcasts and more. Manager will report to the Director of Social Media and work towards defined team strategy and goals.
Our headquarters is located in downtown San Francisco, where our group of cross-functional experts assemble to create experiences for Crunchyroll and VRV's passionate communities.
A Day in the Life of our Social Media Manager:
- Establish a deep relationship with the Crunchyroll and VRV audiences over social media, utilizing any and all organic marketing efforts to reach users in a meaningful and engaging way.
- Oversee a team of full-time and contract social media staff, maximizing their skills and dedicating meaningful time to developing their talents.
- Continue to develop the brand voice for each brand, delivering content and campaigns in line with team goals and broader company objectives.
- Optimize and evaluate campaigns, launches, and new tactics where needed.
- Continuously develop and contribute to our social media best practices, with regular experimentation, research, and professional development.
- Stay up-to-date with new platforms, content types, and practices to keep our brands on the cutting-edge of social media.
- Develop and implement creative, engaging, original content.
- Collaborate with the production team and third-party contractors to pitch concepts and produce video assets optimized for social media.
- Contribute to team goals around growth, engagement, and awareness.
- Be willing to perform abilities beyond your areas of expertise.
Benefits and Perks:
- Our audiences represent a passionate and eclectic group of individuals that deeply love anime, animation, gaming, science fiction, horror, and so much more. You should understand both the Crunchyroll and VRV audiences, have a deep relationship with content, and think about the world from a creative perspective supported by analytical reasoning.
- Leadership should come naturally to you, and being able to balance the skills of your team members with the work at hand.
- 4-7 years of experience in social media or community marketing, with a preference towards work in the world of entertainment and/or media.
- Exemplary leadership skills, and experience managing multiple direct reports.
- Proven experience working on successful, creative and innovative social media campaigns.
- Demonstrated understanding of major social media platforms, how to tailor content by platform, and what kind of content works best to meet specific marketing or business goals.
- Experience with using analytics and data to support rapid growth.
- Experience managing multiple priorities and working across teams.
- Strong sense of internet culture and trends in content and storytelling.
- Respect for anime and its lifestyle and culture, familiarity with fandom communities.
San Francisco Office
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- On-site gym, showers, yoga, and wellness classes
- Support program for new parents
- Catered lunch 4 days per week
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
- Pet friendly - pet insurance and dog friendly office
What's with the name, Ellation? We're all a cast of characters that get passion and strive to celebrate fandom in all its forms. So we're building a collection of destinations (a constellation, if you will) that connect people with their passions. Each day, we work to achieve complete fan elation (our vision), starting with popular subscription-video-on-demand brands, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, and VRV. Our team spans across San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Chisinau, and Tokyo to develop the product, design, engineering, marketing, and content that brings our communities of fans together.
Crunchyroll ( http://www.crunchyroll.com/ )is the world's most popular anime brand. We're an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for anime fans, through content (licensed, co-produced, and originals), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more.
Rooster Teeth ( https://roosterteeth.com/ ) is the entertainment company for gamers. A pioneer in digital entertainment, we've spent 16 years fostering a passionate worldwide community around original western-style anime, animation, podcasts, gaming personalities, and comedy content. Rooster Teeth's diversified business encompasses subscription video, live events, merchandise, brand integrations, licensed studio productions, game development, and more.
VRV ( https://vrv.co/ ) is a collection of fandom brands on a unified platform and includes Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Viacom's NickSplat, and more. Our community connects through immersive content experiences in a digitally-driven environment via bundled subscription, a la carte subscription, or ad-supported options.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Ellation. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.