Crunchyroll is the world's most popular anime brand. We're an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for anime fans, through content (licensed, co-produced, and originals), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more.
About the Team
Our headquarters is located in downtown San Francisco, where our group of cross-functional experts assemble to create experiences for Crunchyroll and VRV's passionate communities.
A day in the life of our Sr. Software Engineer, Front End:
- 5+ years of Software development experience and minimum 2 years of React development experience.
- A thorough understanding of React and its core principles. React Native experience is a plus.
- Experience with React workflows (such as Redux).
- Passion for complex, interactive applications with a thoughtful UX/UI.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs.
- Experience creating, optimizing, and integrating (API) calls.
- Experience building continuous integration systems, lint files, and writing unit tests.
- Experience designing application frameworks for use across multiple products.
- Experience working in Agile Methodologies.
- Experience maintaining open source projects is a plus.
Benefits and Perks:
- Working with client teams and upleveling our React projects.
- Architecting new ways for our us to cross leverage code across projects.
- Supporting developer enablement.
- Accelerating delivery of key projects.
San Francisco Office
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- On-site gym, showers, yoga, and wellness classes
- Support program for new parents
- Catered lunch 4 days per week
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
- Pet friendly - pet insurance and dog friendly office
What's with the name, Ellation? We're all a cast of characters that get passion and strive to celebrate fandom in all its forms. So we're building a collection of destinations (a constellation, if you will) that connect people with their passions. Each day, we work to achieve complete fan elation (our vision), starting with popular subscription-video-on-demand brands, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, and VRV. Our team spans across San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Chisinau, and Tokyo to develop the product, design, engineering, marketing, and content that brings our communities of fans together.
Crunchyroll ( http://www.crunchyroll.com/ )is the world's most popular anime brand. We're an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for anime fans, through content (licensed, co-produced, and originals), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more.
Rooster Teeth ( https://roosterteeth.com/ ) is the entertainment company for gamers. A pioneer in digital entertainment, we've spent 16 years fostering a passionate worldwide community around original western-style anime, animation, podcasts, gaming personalities, and comedy content. Rooster Teeth's diversified business encompasses subscription video, live events, merchandise, brand integrations, licensed studio productions, game development, and more.
VRV ( https://vrv.co/ ) is a collection of fandom brands on a unified platform and includes Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Viacom's NickSplat, and more. Our community connects through immersive content experiences in a digitally-driven environment via bundled subscription, a la carte subscription, or ad-supported options.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Ellation. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.