Crunchyroll is the world's most popular anime brand. We're an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for anime fans, through content (licensed, co-produced, and originals), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more.
About the Team
The events, eCommerce and games marketing team accelerates audience growth, drives revenue and is key to the expansion of the Crunchyroll brand. We build internal and external relationships, and have the ability to create and execute end-to-end, long-term marketing strategy, significantly impacting global growth.
For events, we are responsible for marketing and promotions strategies for new and existing events worldwide, including Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Expo, Crunchyroll Movie Night and more. For games, we work closely with game developers, studios, and IP holders to publish and co-publish games to a worldwide audience. For eCommerce, we develop innovative campaigns to maximize sales in a cost-effective way. This team is highly collaborative, working closely with multiple stakeholders to ensure success in competitive and fast-growing markets.
Our headquarters is located in downtown San Francisco, where our group of cross-functional experts assemble to create experiences for Crunchyroll and VRV's passionate communities.
You must be a leader, capable of creating and executing marketing and promotions strategy for both new and existing products and services. In addition to your high-level strategic thinking, you must also have strong analytical and communication skills.
A day in the life of our marketing team:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Experience in gaming, eCommerce, media, OTT and/or tech
- Track record managing large-scale marketing projects with multiple stakeholders, end-to-end
- Experience working cross-functionally with internal and external partners, and building consensus across a range of goals and objectives
- Experience managing and owning significant marketing budgets
- Comfortable presenting marketing plans and strategies to executive stakeholders both internally and externally. Experience working with Japanese partners is a plus.
- Creative thinker, able to work with brand and creative teams to generate original ideas and fresh concepts for campaigns
- Comfortable and experienced working with product, engineering and design teams
- Flexible and quick-thinking, you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have a respect for fandoms, and understand the importance of community-building
- An interest in pop culture, anime, media and/or entertainment strongly preferred
Benefits and Perks:
- Create end-to-end marketing and promotions strategies
- Define growth goals and own KPIs, forecasts, marketing channels and tactics
- Report to stakeholders successes, failures and operational areas for improvement
- Manage business relationships with internal and external partners, including collaborating on direction
- Research potential new event opportunities in conjunction with the Head of Events; create new original events for the Crunchyroll brand, both domestically and internationally
- Develop opportunities for our content brands at third-party conventions and events
- Define markets and understand growth potential for new and existing games, working closely with the Head of Games
- Work with Head of Ecommerce to create seasonal, themed and day-to-day campaigns that drive sales
- Constant, clear communication of objectives, status and results
- Oversee budget for all owned events, games and eCommerce efforts, including paid media
- Oversee media plan/channel mix, working with the paid media, lifecycle, creative and social media teams
- Optimize for the entire funnel and create models for program performance and cost
- Collaborate with paid media, lifecycle marketing, audience development, brand management, engineering, PR, creative and other internal teams
- Partner with events, games and eCommerce teams to drive results
San Francisco Office
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- On-site gym, showers, yoga, and wellness classes
- Support program for new parents
- Catered lunch 4 days per week
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
- Pet friendly - pet insurance and dog friendly office
What's with the name, Ellation? We're all a cast of characters that get passion and strive to celebrate fandom in all its forms. So we're building a collection of destinations (a constellation, if you will) that connect people with their passions. Each day, we work to achieve complete fan elation (our vision), starting with popular subscription-video-on-demand brands, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, and VRV. Our team spans across San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Chisinau, and Tokyo to develop the product, design, engineering, marketing, and content that brings our communities of fans together.
Crunchyroll ( http://www.crunchyroll.com/ )is the world's most popular anime brand. We're an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for anime fans, through content (licensed, co-produced, and originals), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more.
Rooster Teeth ( https://roosterteeth.com/ ) is the entertainment company for gamers. A pioneer in digital entertainment, we've spent 16 years fostering a passionate worldwide community around original western-style anime, animation, podcasts, gaming personalities, and comedy content. Rooster Teeth's diversified business encompasses subscription video, live events, merchandise, brand integrations, licensed studio productions, game development, and more.
VRV ( https://vrv.co/ ) is a collection of fandom brands on a unified platform and includes Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Viacom's NickSplat, and more. Our community connects through immersive content experiences in a digitally-driven environment via bundled subscription, a la carte subscription, or ad-supported options.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Ellation. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.