This is a temporary Production Designer opportunity with an estimated duration of 3 months.
About the Team:
The Design Team at Ellation functions as creative partners across external content providers, licensors, and all internal business teams. Our team is responsible for the creation, collaboration, and creative protection of visual assets coming out of Ellation, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth and VRV!
About the Role:
Do you love to create pixel-perfect designs? Are you eager to expand your horizons working inter-departmentally on a wide variety of projects and mediums for various brands? Do you have experience working with character art and/or protecting licensed IP?
We're seeking a talented Production Designer with the experience to plug into an incredible team of creatives whom consistently deliver high quality assets within tight deadlines that remain "on-brand" yet know how and when to push the limits of brand parameters. You will work individually and in collaboration with our Design Team in San Francisco as partners to key divisions within Ellation.
This role is located in our headquarters in downtown San Francisco. Our group of cross-functional experts assemble in San Francisco and collaborate internationally to create experiences for Crunchyroll, VRV, and Rooster Teeth's passionate communities.
A Day in the Life:
- Create designs for the various Ellation brands and partners, from high-volume paid and lifecycle marketing digital assets to microsites, print (posters/postcards/gift cards, +), and convention assets (banners, guides, lanyards, apparel, +)
- Work with various character art from Japan and US creators while applying our brand style guides to designs
- Communicate and coordinate with stakeholders to understand project(s) scope, carrying clear communication through to project completion
- Work inter-departmentally to prepare and collect files for final delivery to internal stakeholders and outside vendors
- Perform quality control on work with the ability to track details of multiple projects
Benefits and Perks:
- 3-5 years of experience as a Production Designer in a professional Creative Services, Marketing, Agency capacity.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Production best practices
- Experience managing multiple priorities and problem-solving under tight deadlines.
- Experience creating digital and printed materials with the ability to precisely apply brand guidelines to different types of assets
- Flexibility, speed, attention to detail
- Team player with a positive, hardworking collaborative attitude and excellent communication skills
San Francisco Office
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- On-site gym, showers, yoga, and wellness classes
- Support program for new parents
- Catered lunch 4 days per week
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
- Pet friendly - pet insurance and dog friendly office
What's with the name, Ellation? We're all a cast of characters that get passion and strive to celebrate fandom in all its forms. So we're building a collection of destinations (a constellation, if you will) that connect people with their passions. Each day, we work to achieve complete fan elation (our vision), starting with popular subscription-video-on-demand brands, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, and VRV. Our team spans across San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Chisinau, and Tokyo to develop the product, design, engineering, marketing, and content that brings our communities of fans together.
Crunchyroll ( http://www.crunchyroll.com/ )is the world's most popular anime brand. We're an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for anime fans, through content (licensed, co-produced, and originals), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more.
Rooster Teeth ( https://roosterteeth.com/ ) is the entertainment company for gamers. A pioneer in digital entertainment, we've spent 16 years fostering a passionate worldwide community around original western-style anime, animation, podcasts, gaming personalities, and comedy content. Rooster Teeth's diversified business encompasses subscription video, live events, merchandise, brand integrations, licensed studio productions, game development, and more.
VRV ( https://vrv.co/ ) is a collection of fandom brands on a unified platform and includes Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Viacom's NickSplat, and more. Our community connects through immersive content experiences in a digitally-driven environment via bundled subscription, a la carte subscription, or ad-supported options.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Ellation. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.