About The Team:
The content operations production team handles localization and internationalization for a large volume of episodes of content globally each year. We work with every major content provider in Japan and an extensive network of production and localization partners to bring Anime to millions of fans worldwide.
Our team strives to deliver the highest quality product to the extremely passionate and dedicated audience that Crunchyroll has the pleasure of serving.
Our headquarters is located in downtown San Francisco, where our group of cross-functional experts assemble to create experiences for Crunchyroll and VRV's passionate communities.
Crunchyroll is looking for a creative, detail oriented, and exceptionally well organized Digital Asset Coordinator that is passionate about Anime.
The Digital Asset Coordinator will be responsible for the collection, quality control and coordination of assets used for Anime Dub Localization, and assist in the distribution of completed products for Crunchyroll. This position will work within a complete production process from asset acquisition to distribution and will require communication with external partners and vendors.
- Technical background must include familiarity with video processing, asset delivery workflows, Google suite and comfort working with command line interfaces.
- Demonstrated ability to organize complex projects with challenging deadlines.
- Must be familiar with localization workflows. Familiarity of subtitling/dubbing workflows is a plus.
- Comfortable working outside normal business hours.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with aplomb and grace.
- Excellent communication.
- Must have knowledge of anime.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- Able to read, speak, and write emails in Japanese at a near native level fluency.
- Able to communicate the contents of Japanese correspondence and materials in English.
A day in the life of our Content Team:
- Prior experience coordinating projects in the equivalent of media production, post production, digital media, or advertising.
- Knowledge of voiceover production, DVD and Blu-ray authoring, package design, and digital streaming processes.
- Familiarity with subtitling workflows.
- Proficiency in non-English languages.
Benefits and Perks:
- Coordinate with our partners around the globe to acquire and deliver materials for all aspects of anime distribution.
- Work with content partners to gather the appropriate materials for downstream distribution and localization (including subtitling and dubbing).
- Perform quality control checks on deliveries and clearly communicate materials issues to partner
- Build and maintain delivery schedules that coordinate with project rollout plans.
- Efficiently track and archive all media assets associated with each project.
San Francisco Office
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- On-site gym, showers, yoga, and wellness classes
- Support program for new parents
- Catered lunch and dinner 4 days per week
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
- Pet friendly - pet insurance and dog friendly office
What's with the name, Ellation? We're all a cast of characters that get passion and strive to celebrate fandom in all its forms. So we're building a collection of destinations (a constellation, if you will) that connect people with their passions. Each day, we work to achieve complete fan elation (our vision), starting with popular subscription-video-on-demand brands,Crunchyroll ( http://www.crunchyroll.com/ ),Rooster Teeth ( https://roosterteeth.com/ ), andVRV ( https://vrv.co/ ). Our team spans across San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Chisinau, and Tokyo to develop the product, design, engineering, marketing, and content that brings our communities of fans together.
Crunchyroll ( http://www.crunchyroll.com/ ) is the world's largest destination for anime and manga. We're an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for anime fans, through content (licensed, co-produced, and originals), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more.
Rooster Teeth ( https://roosterteeth.com/ ) is the entertainment company for gamers. A pioneer in digital entertainment, we've spent 16 years fostering a passionate worldwide community around original western-style anime, animation, podcasts, gaming personalities, and comedy content. Rooster Teeth's diversified business encompasses subscription video, live events, merchandise, brand integrations, licensed studio productions, game development, and more.
VRV ( https://vrv.co/ ) is a collection of fandom brands on a unified platform and includes Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Viacom's NickSplat, and more. Our community connects through immersive content experiences in a digitally-driven environment via bundled subscription, a la carte subscription, or ad-supported options.