Ellation, Inc. ( http://www.ellation.com/ ) is a transformative entertainment company and home of industry-leading brandsCrunchyroll ( https://www.crunchyroll.com/ ),Rooster Teeth ( https://roosterteeth.com/ ), and VRV ( http://www.vrv.co/ ). As part of Otter Media, a WarnerMedia company, Ellation operates at the intersection of technology and media to redefine the next wave of media interaction and consumption -- breaking down barriers to content experiences for passionate fans around the world.
We are seeking an ambitious individual to add value as an Associate Manager of Lifecycle Marketing. Our Marketing team has successfully grown Crunchyroll to over 2 million paying subscribers and over 45 million registered users across the globe. Woohoo! We've since replicated that success with our newest platform - VRV - growing it to over 4 million registered users in just two years! This role interfaces simultaneously with an established lifestyle brand as well as a budding platform currently in hyper growth. We hope you're ready for the ride!
This position will support a Lifecycle Marketing program aimed at driving subscriber growth and increasing customer lifetime value within both the Crunchyroll and VRV brands. We hope to attract someone who is self-motivated, ambitious, and eager to learn. If you are interested in the entertainment and online video space, even better!
Our headquarters is located in downtown San Francisco, where our group of cross-functional experts assemble to create experiences for Crunchyroll and VRV's passionate communities.
Ellation's offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Chisinau, and Tokyo develop the product, design, engineering, marketing and content that brings our communities of passionate fans together.
A day in the life of our Marketing Team:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Marketing and/or Business
- 2+ years of experience in Email Marketing and understanding of HTML, responsive web design, and best practices
- Positive attitude, team-oriented, energetic, and optimistic with the ability to build effective internal and external relationships and influence change
- An entrepreneurial spirit, driven and excited by challenges and complex problems
- Passion for entertainment, great content, and technology with a desire to work across many content verticals
- Experience with Email Service Providers such as: ExactTarget, Responsys, SilverPop
- Experience with Lifecycle Messaging and Engagement Platforms such as: Braze, Iterable, Swrve, Urban Airship)
- Experience with Web Analytics Tools such as: Google Analytics, Amplitude
- Ability to manage multiple interdepartmental initiatives and deadlines
- Ability to digest quantitative metrics and translate into meaningful outcomes and strategic recommendations
- Experience with mobile push communication is a plus
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing is a plus
- Help execute a first-rate email marketing program, while maintaining a high-quality bar through acute attention to detail
- Partner with design to create emails, oversee coding/build/deployment of emails
- Execute mobile communication strategy via push notifications and mobile in-app messaging to increase key lifecycle marketing KPIs
- Analyze, monitor and report performance regularly for owned channels to drive and optimize key engagement metrics
- Improve customer lifetime value through lifecycle marketing campaigns (welcome/on-boarding programs, re-engagement programs), and loyalty/retention programs
- Partner strategically with internal teams to manage the frequency/calendar of campaigns & emails
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- On-site gym, showers, yoga, and wellness classes
- Catered lunch and dinner 4 days per week
- Skilled, passionate, and fun co-workers
- Pet friendly environment - pet insurance and dog friendly office
Ellation What's with the name, Ellation? We're all a cast of characters that get passion and strive to celebrate fandom in all its forms. So we're building a collection of destinations (a constellation, if you will) that connect people with their passions. Each day, we work to achieve complete fan elation (our vision), starting with popular subscription-video-on-demand brands, Crunchyroll and VRV. Our team spans across San Francisco, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Chisinau to develop the product, design, engineering, marketing, and content that brings our communities of fans together.
Crunchyroll ( http://www.crunchyroll.com/ ) is the world's largest destination for anime and manga. We're an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for anime fans, through content (licensed, co-produced, and originals), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more.
VRV ( https://vrv.co/ ) is a collection of fandom brands on a unified platform and includes Crunchyroll, sister-brand Rooster Teeth, Viacom's NickSplat, and more. Our community connects through immersive content experiences in a digitally-driven environment via bundled subscription, a la carte subscription, or ad-supported options.