LK Packaging is seeking an experienced Staff Accountant to join it's extraordinary Finance Team!!!
Responsibilities include performing account reconciliations, organizing source documents, assisting with the month-end and year-end close, and various other accounting related projects as needed. Other duties include assisting Senior Accountants, Controller and CFO in special projects and the year-end audit.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform account reconciliations.
- Organize journal entry source documents.
- Maintain subsidiary ledgers on assigned accounts.
- Assist with month-end and year-end close.
- Insure the accurate and timely recording and reporting of all assigned accounts. Assist in providing detailed analytics on all assigned accounts for inclusion in the various monthly reporting packages.
- Perform month end close (ERP close, prepare JE's, reconciliations, assist in the analysis of all assigned accounts, and various post close analysis/reports).
- Review, analyze, and communicate the actual monthly financial and operational results to the management team so they know how they actually perform against their monthly targets.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly and quarterly comments and analysis on operational performance for all assigned accounts.
- Work with the Finance Management and FP&A on the annual planning process for all assigned accounts.
- Respond to internal and external inquiries regarding accounting related activities and utilize good judgment as to when items need to be escalated.
- Assume other duties and projects as required.
Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent required.
- 4+ years accounting
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Experience with Property, Sales/Use and Income Taxes
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
No relocation assistance. Preferably local candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting: 4 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Employee discounts