French Immersion Music Teacher
Ardrossan Elementary School/ Ecole Campbelltown
Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) is one of the largest school divisions in Alberta, serving the education needs of approximately 17,150 students in 43 schools. Every day, the staff and students of EIPS are encouraged to pursue opportunities to grow and to discover their passions in life. We pride ourselves on providing our staff and students with the tools to achieve success by offering dynamic programming, up-to-date resources and practical professional learning opportunities.
Elk Island Public Schools is recruiting a part time 0.7 FTE Teacher at Ardrossan Elementary School (approximately 0.44 FTE) and Ecole Campbelltown (approximately 0.26 FTE). The FTE may change due to student enrollment and budget.
Ardrossan Elementary is a K-6 school with approximately 583 students, 28 teaching staff and 14 support staff. The school is located in the town of Ardrossan, Alberta approximately 10 minutes east of Sherwood Park, Alberta.
Ardrossan Elementary is a dual-track school offering both a regular English program and a French Immersion program.
Open to: EIPS continuing contract teachers only
The successful candidate will teach music with French as a second language of instruction including choirs for Grades 1-6. Experience and qualifications in elementary music instruction including Orff and Kodaly methodologies are required for this position. Strong classroom management skills to manage larger choir grade level groups, organizational skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with several teams will be essential in this assignment. Superior French language skills are required to support the French Immersion program.
- Bachelor of Education degree
- Valid Alberta Teaching Certificate
- Effective organization and classroom management skills
- Ability to create a classroom environment where students feel safe, supported, and challenged
- Experience or familiarity analyzing data and using data to inform decisions and/or instruction
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Growth mindset and ability to use feedback to improve practice
- Relentless drive to set and achieve personal and professional goals
- An understanding of French Immersion programming and second language acquisition
Only online applications will be accepted.
For further information, contact Judy Whetstone, Principal at 780-922-2066.
Elk Island Public Schools appreciates and considers all applications; however, we only contact candidates who are selected for interviews.
If you require assistance with the application system, please call Apply to Education at 1-877-900-5627 or email firstname.lastname@example.org