Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) is one of the
largest school divisions in Alberta, serving the education needs of
approximately 17,150 students in 43 schools. Every day, the staff and students
of EIPS are encouraged to pursue opportunities to grow and to discover their
passions in life. We pride ourselves on providing our staff and students with
the tools to achieve success by offering dynamic programming, up-to-date
resources and practical professional learning opportunities.
Elk Island Public Schools is hiring probationary teachers for the 2019-2020 school year.
Assignments may be at the following schools:
Ardrossan Elementary (Ardrossan) - Grades K-6
Ecole Campbelltown (Sherwood Park) - Grades K - 6
Ardrossan Junior/Senior High (Ardrossan) - Grades 7-12
Ecole Parc Elementaire (Fort Saskatchewan) - Grades K-6
Sherwood Heights Junior High (Sherwood Park) - Grades 7-9
Interviews and hiring of this competition will commence approximately February 13.
Internal and external candidates who are qualified teachers
The French Immersion program aims to prepare functionally bilingual students - giving them excellent English skills and the ability to comfortably speak and write in French. Students complete the regular Alberta Education curriculum (Language Learning, Math, Science, Social Studies, Phys. Ed., Music, Health, and Art) in French, as well as a regular English Language Arts program.
Bachelor of Education degree
Valid Alberta Teaching Certificate
Ability to create a classroom environment where students feel safe, supported, and challenged
Superior French language proficiency:
- understands main ideas and specific details in most oral and written texts related to social, travel and school-related subjects; including complex details, inferences and fine points of meaning
- participates effectively in discussions on a variety of topics
- speaks with a natural delivery
- writes explanations or descriptions in a variety of informal and formal, social, work and school-related situations
- writes texts in which ideas are developed and presented in a coherent manner, with appropriate vocabulary, grammar and spelling
- is easily understood; pronunciation does not interfere with communication
Experience or familiarity analyzing data and using data to inform decisions and/or instruction
Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
Growth mindset and ability to use feedback to improve practice
Relentless drive to set and achieve personal and professional goals
Knowledge of literacy assessment and guided reading would be an asset
Only online applications will be accepted.
For further information, contact Annie Garneau, Assistant Principal, Ecole Campbelltown School 780-467-5143.