Administrative Assistant I – Permanent
Central Office – Support for Students
Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) is one of the largest school divisions in Alberta, serving the education needs of approximately 17,150 students in 43 schools. Every day, the staff and students of EIPS are encouraged to pursue opportunities to grow and to discover their passions in life. We pride ourselves on providing our staff and students with the tools to achieve success by offering dynamic programming, up-to-date resources and practical professional learning opportunities.
Support for Students is located at our Central Office in Sherwood Park, Alberta.
- Commencing August 14, 2019
- 35 Hours per week (Monday to Friday – 7.0 hours per day)
- 12 month position
- Elk Island Public Schools offers a Comprehensive Benefit package for permanent positions
- Open to: Internal and External Applicants
Function and Purpose of Position
This position provides administrative support to the Director of Elementary Education and Director of Secondary Education. It also includes providing support to Consultants working within Elementary and Secondary Education and within Partners for Science. Duties range from supporting Directors, Consultants and Partners for Science staff in administrative duties, general office tasks and assisting the Elementary and Secondary teams in the positive and efficient operation of the Supports for Students (SFS) department.
- Prepare confidential correspondence and memos
- Review, update and distribute department information, forms, procedures, contact lists
- Update and maintain the Elementary and Secondary portion of the external EIPS website, as well as the internal Staff Connect and SFS shared folder and links to Administrative Procedures
- Coordinate various meetings (team meetings, mini-team meetings and one to one meetings) by making room arrangements/bookings, organize and distribute materials and arrange catering
- Attend meetings, take notes and share summaries and action items for the department and other collaborative/interdepartmental meetings
- Assist in arranging and scheduling professional development sessions and conferences for the Elementary and Secondary departments (travel reservations, conference fees, etc.)
- Assist in arranging professional development offered by the department to school staff/system PD days (monitor sessions for minimum attendance, provide a list of registrants)
- Receive and distribute incoming communication for Directors and Consultants
- Receive telephone inquiries and book appointments for Directors
- Schedule hiring interviews as requested
- Assist in preparing formal documents such as Board Reports for Information, Board Reports for Feedback, Alberta Education Results Report, Elk Island Public Schools Results Review
- Assist in the organization, communication and delivery of events (such as Young Authors Conference, Your Future Post Secondary and Career Fair, etc.) and opportunities for students (such as Dual Credit, RAP, post-secondary, etc.).
- Assist in collating, communicating and celebrating Elk Island Public Schools partnerships
- Responsible for Junior High Athletics budget and finances
- Responsible for receiving and safely storing extra diploma exams
- Maintain office filing system and historical records and retain and dispose of documents as per Administrative Procedure 182 - Records and Information Management
- Assist other SFS support staff during peak periods
- Assist in onboarding of new staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Answer telephone and address inquiries. If needed direct calls to the appropriate team member
- Respond to requests from Central Services administrators, school administrators, teachers, and parents
- Respond to requests from external consultants, agencies and other school divisions
- Operate and troubleshoot office equipment
- Return specialty equipment for repair/maintenance/replacement
- Greet and direct department visitors
- Relief reception duties
For further information contact Jeff Spady, Director, at 780-417-8239.
Only online applications will be accepted.
Elk Island Public Schools appreciates and considers all applications; however, we only contact candidates who are selected for interviews.
“If you require assistance with the application system, please call Apply to Education at 1-877-900-5627 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.”