As a non-profit, residential organization in the Pasadena area, Elizabeth House empowers pregnant and parenting women in need to reclaim their lives and build successful family legacies. We serve pregnant women and children experiencing homelessness, and provide life-long support services for our Alumni families.
Nature and Scope: Under the supervision of the Executive Director and Director of Development, and adhering to the Elizabeth House Brand Guide, the Social Media and Marketing Associate supports development and fundraising goals through: all online communication, including social media and website maintenance; marketing material design; supervision of development interns and volunteers; and grant writing and communications support. This individual uses a full range of computer software including design software, donor database, spreadsheets for generating reports, word processing software, and desktop publishing software. This position sets the tone for the agency by demonstrating efficiency, professionalism and a calm, cheerful demeanor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and Coordinate all Aspects of Social Media, Website, and Printed Material
- Manage website and all social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Yelp, Google and YouTube) to promote the Elizabeth House brand, engage and inform audiences, and inspire giving (audiences include donors, volunteers, alumni, community partners, potential clients). Includes maintaining a social media posting calendar, creating content, managing social media interactions with followers, monitoring analytics, and providing guidance on increasing visibility and engagement.
- Create content for and manage mass emails to engage audiences. Includes monitoring analytics and providing guidance on increasing engagement.
- Create clean, professional in-house materials and online graphics for dissemination to local partners, including civic groups, churches, businesses, quarterly donor and alumni communication, alumni events, annual gala, program drives, fundraising and on-line communication. Includes photography, video, and editing.
- Keep computer files of all digital photos and assist in updating and keeping current photos of clients, events, staff and Board.
- Periodically organize and restock (print/cut) in-house material for use by staff and volunteers.
- Prepare letters and other written material to articulate the history, vision, mission, brand identity, and successes of the organization for fundraising campaigns, outreach to key potential donors, monthly donation acknowledgements, quarterly newsletters and other assignments as needed.
- Continually assess, research and implement better marketing and communication methods through online platforms and software integration for program and development needs
- Use Canva.com, Adobe In-Design and Illustrator, Microsoft Office Suite, and other programs as needed to create documents for print and other communication.
- Support for Development and Fundraising Goals
- Design, print and prepare fundraising event materials (invites, programs, signage, etc.).
- Promote events and engage audiences by creating and maintaining event webpages, mass emails, and related social media posts.
- Act as a spokesperson for Elizabeth House in various settings by speaking, presenting, and assisting in PR efforts in the community.
- Provide orientation and supervision for all interns and volunteers who provide support for development and fundraising goals (e.g. events, mailings, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Communication, Management, Marketing or related field
- Proficiency with design programs such as Canva.com, Adobe In-Design and Illustrator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with web design (Squarespace) Facebook, Instagram, merchant service platforms, and databases
- Self-motivated, solution-focused, and innovative
- Ability to work independently with a strong sense of focus; highly detailed and task-oriented
- Ability and flexibility to meet unexpected and shifting priorities while not losing focus of regular tasks
- Ability to take direction and provide feedback with a positive and team-centric attitude
- Solution-focused, can-do attitude
- A passion for Elizabeth House's mission and population served
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
This is a part-time position (25-30 hours/week).
Job Type: Part-time
- Social Media: 1 year (Preferred)
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
Hours per week: