Memorial City area CPA firm is searching for an outstanding candidate to fill their part-time Operations Assistant position. This person will be responsible for learning the specific administrative activities common to a public accounting firm and applying their technical skills to efficiently process client work, providing administrative support in the completion of the firm's goals and objectives, and assisting with internal firm administrative tasks and projects.
- Service any client requests; respond to client communications in a professional and timely manner
- Answers phone for Partner when they are on another call
- Responsible for the processing of individual and business tax returns, financial statements and all other client deliverables
- Provide general administrative support
- Perform data entry and scan documents
- Electronic filing of client tax returns and setting up bank drafts for tax payments due on behalf of client
- Creates firm prebills and processes final invoices/distribute to clients
- Handles processing of client invoices and daily posting of accounts receivables, including maintaining AR write-offs and collection
- Shares back-up phone and front desk coverage
Key success factors:
- Ability to complete tasks with limited supervision
- Ability to meet important deadlines
- Friendly attitude and ability to build relationships with staff and clients
- Ability and desire to continually improve administrative skills
- Team player
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Possess ability to demonstrate logical thinking
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a part-time position (approximately 30 hours/week). Ideally, the candidate would work Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Minimum of 2 years college attendance
- Minimum of 1 years of progressive administrative experience. CPA industry experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem-solving skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- Proficient in the use of various MS Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of private and sensitive information and documents
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply:
Qualified, highly motivated, and ambitious individuals looking for a challenging and rewarding career may forward resumes for immediate consideration.
Our interview process normally consists of:
- Brief phone call
- 1-2 rounds of in-person interviews
- Offers typically made within 24-48 hours of interview
We are not accepting resumes from recruiters at this time.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 /hour
- Administrative Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time: