Multi-state distributor looking for an experienced, driven individual to handle the day to day responsibilities in planning, implementing, and managing all financial activities for a privately held company based in the Seattle area.
The Controller will play a key role in auditing our processes and managing our monthly and quarterly close process. You will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of data entry into and reporting from the general ledger: reconcile and audit all transactions, including payroll, invoices and A/R functions, bills and A/P functions, journal entries, balance sheet and P&Ls for multiple operations.
Seeking a highly motivated, proactive, driven, and collaborative professional who is comfortable working with multiple locations/operations. This position requires an individual with a proven ability to navigate the GL, communicate clearly, work independently, and accurately.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee the preparation of monthly financial statements and management reports including making journal entries and accruals
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- All treasury functions including maintaining banking relationships and investment of funds
- Evaluate, design, implement, and monitor internal financial controls, accounting processes and policies for efficiency, cost effectiveness, and accuracy
- Coordination of annual certified audits including preparation of all schedules for both the financials and tax returns
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities
- Negotiating purchase and monitoring of property, health and workmen's insurance coverage
- Review and analysis of inventory cycle counts
- Supervision of the credit and collection functions
- Management and collection of vendor receivables
- Ensure data integrity and accuracy
- Recruit, manage and mentor team of accounting personnel, helping guide their professional development.
- Lead other special projects as requested by leadership.
Salary: $100,000-130,000 DOE
Additional benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life, and 401(k) matching.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $130,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- controller: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off