The Property Controller is responsible to ensures the accuracy, consistency, and timeliness of the financial reporting and Accounting functions while providing information and assistance to the General Manager at the property and Accounting Manager at Corporate office. Controller will also be required to communicate, coordinate, resolve money issues and work well with other teammates, departments, managers and guests.
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Company and Brand standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming at the property especially when dealing with guests and vendors.
- Always maintain Compliance with company and brand standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Assist the sales effort in establishing customer credit in accordance with company policies and procedures, to include but not limited to the application process, reference checks, credit limits, direct billing listing, deposit requirements and other credit related activities.
- Serve as a support resource for General Managers and other field and corporate staff; Provide training, guidance and communication related to accounting systems, policies and processes.
- Provide customers with accurate and timely invoices, statements and schedules.
- Respond effectively to customer inquiries in a timely fashion. Communicate all issues and/or disputes to operating departments and supervisor.
- Maintain an efficient collection process to include an organized filing and tracing system, issue dunning letters, monitor returned checks and chargebacks, perform collection calls and prepare bad debt write-offs.
- Ensure proper internal control by monitoring guest ledger, advanced deposit ledger and any other related subsidiary ledgers.
- Prepare and reconcile General Ledger and cash reconciliation; Record journal entries to accurately reflect financial transactions.
- Implement credit training in operating departments to include proper credit card, cash and check acceptance, limits and approve direct billing listing.
- Monitor and prepare financial reports in accordance with Company requirements meeting various due dates.
- Attend and contribute to periodic meetings (Pre-Convention, Credit, etc.) to maintain favorable working relationships between team members and promote maximum morale, productivity and efficiency.
- Utilize and maintain time and attendance systems to process daily, weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly and monthly payroll and related information to include, but not limited to, input/export payroll hours; modify payroll information (rates, address, status, etc.); record miscellaneous earnings/deductions, etc.
- Review and ensure accuracy and appropriateness of all payroll input and output.
- Monitor, prepare and communicate financial reports in accordance with Company Requirements meeting various due dates; i.e., labor, tip, month-end, overtime reports, etc.
- Prepare tax reports and other regulatory reports as necessary.
- Monitor and prepare deduction schedules and payments as necessary; i.e., credit union, garnishments, health & welfare, pension and union dues, etc.
- Ensure proper paycheck distribution for each department periodically.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current payroll related laws and regulations.
- Prepare and input all required payroll journal entries. Keep supervisor abreast of any unusual events and/or deviations of policies and procedures.
- Maximize productivity, identify problem areas, and assist in finding and implementing solutions.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off