Manage day to day accounting and financial functions including accounts payable, accounts receivables, reconciling accounts, cash flow, perform audits and reconciliations of all GL Accounts. Must have excellent math skills and the ability to manage several assignments simultaneously. Must be familiar with the use of accounting software. Must have full understanding of construction accounting and know how to establish audits to prevent inaccuracies. Possess significant knowledge of current accounting principles and practices, as well as effectively communicate to management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare, analyze, reconcile monthly and quarterly project reports
- Ensure all monthly close items are performed in a timely fashion
- Liaison between accounting and other departments
- Assists in the preparation of financial statements and supporting documents.
- Review and audit financial information for all projects (invoices, PO's, bills, time sheets, etc.).
- Supports most aspects of accounting management (billing, tax forms, reporting).
- Ensures that all transactions are recorded properly and in a timely fashion.
- Performs monthly reconciliations of bank accounts and other accounts.
- Prepare journal entries, invoices and daily cash flow reports.
- Perform costs analysis; inclusive of generating reports, review, and verification and reconciliation hours billed to projects.
- Setup new fleet and equipment purchases
- Works with auditors as they perform the year-end audit.
- Maintains adequate records of all contracts (non-job) and leases, and ensures proper recording.
- Ensures compliance with governmental agencies.
- Enter invoices into accounting system
- Post cash daily
- Supports other accounting team members as needed.
- Other duties as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 5+ years experience in accounting/cost experience in a construction environment.
- Must be a candidate to become a CPA
- Strong knowledge of basic construction practices and related accounting principles and functions with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with financial statements, journal entries and reconciliations.
- Must be detailed orientated, highly organized, and have prioritization skills.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets (Excel), databases, word processing management and accounting software.
- Must have great analytical skills and problem solving experience.
- Knowledge of payroll accounting
- Team player, collaborator, while still having the ability to be self-directed.
- Normal office working environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $62,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- construction accounting: 5 years (Required)
- If not CPA certified, when will you become certified?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement