The Director of Construction will be responsible for the planning, coordination, and direction of project and construction management activities to ensure they meet the firm's needs, specifications, costs, and schedules.
RELATIONSHIPS + REPORTING
- Reports directly to the Principals of the Firm
- Maintains positive relationships with all personnel including executives, department heads, accounting staff, corporate staff, property managers, and site staff
- Establishes and maintains relationships with professionals working for or with the Company. Networks to build relationships with Contractors, Subcontractors, and General Contractors in areas targeted by the firm for growth.
The responsibilities that are listed below are not all inclusive, however, they are indicative of the responsibilities performed by the Director of Construction Services:
- Possesses knowledge of project development to include contracts, design, construction management, project systems, delivery, and specifications to ensure relation and compliance to project requirements
- Manages design and construction of projects in development
- Acts as primary contact and liaison for owner and principle partner entities for the contract, design, systems, procedures, and related deliverables
- Develops project specific procedures, documentation, contract, and related systems for the project
- Participate in the preparation of pre-development budgets and schedules for proposed projects from the initial phases including land contract negotiation, entitlements, and building permit approvals to the commencement of construction.
- Prepares Project Status Reports and recommends the release of construction funds.
- Participate in periodic project and Investor meetings to review progress and discuss construction and engineering changes to project.
- Obtains, maintains, and manages data, information, communications, and approvals required by project and company requirements between owner, architects, engineers, and other project related entities
- Represents owner and related parties at Architect, Owner, Contractor (AOC) meetings
- Coordinates, direct, and monitor activities of construction management staff, contractors, engineers, architects, and related performing entities
- Manages project controls, cost, and performance activities and procedures
- Leads in project meetings to include documentation, administration, and tracking of relevant information and statuses
- Provides management of project logistics, organization, systems, and personnel resources
- Ensures project closeout to secure appropriate provisions for final project delivery to owner entities
- Source, establish and maintain a network of highly effective and competitive general contractors, building trades sub-contractors and architectural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing consulting service providers. Promote on-going development of new resources and lines of business.
- Performs all duties as required or assigned
- Performing the duties, the employee will regularly be in an office setting but may require on-site construction environment.
- Bachelor's Degree with emphasis in technical disciplines such as Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering, construction management, or equivalent technical area of study
- Candidate will possess or have ability to pursue:
- Knowledge and application of construction estimating, cost, project controls/scheduling, documentation, engineering/construction principles, techniques, materials, applications, and practices
- Understanding of contracts, documents, drawings, and specifications
- Applied experience in the areas of project accounting, cost, administrative, and personnel interaction in professional settings
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products, and experience with project related systems
- Self starter! Energetic personality who enjoys working with others
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills - must be able to clearly explain and demonstrate concepts/skills to others
- Strong work ethic and be able to work both individually and in group settings
- Ability to represent the firm in a professional manner at all times to ensure company policies and procedures as well as compliance to all applicable laws and regulations
- Ability to conduct business with a enthusiasm, assertiveness, and have the ability to serve as a role model for team members exuding a positive attitude and professional decorum
SCOPE + COMPENSATION
- Salary commensurate with level of experience and job requirements
- Paid sick, personal, and vacation time off as outlined for all employees similarly situated
- Health insurance premium paid towards employee health insurance
- 25% Travel will be required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $125,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
- Construction Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Construction Related: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules