A confidential construction company in the South Suburbs is currently seeking a full time outside equipment/construction sales representative with experience in equipment rental and sales for commercial and industrial work. This position requires a highly motivated sales professional, detail-oriented professional who can think outside of the box with the ability to communicate effectively, lead negotiations, and create trusting customer relationships with both internal and external clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated strong negotiation and closing skills.
- Routinely visit existing and potentially new customers to review project goals and objectives and make sure they are understood.
- Seeking out and identifying bid and sales opportunities. Target specific jobs and/or industries.
- Responsible for sales presentations if needed.
- Build relationships through networking and referrals; Develop customer relationships in an effort to be the preferred vendor.
- Negotiates rental rates within company policy.
- Attending pre-job meetings may be necessary and/or desirable.
- Supporting company safety programs.
- Driven for success and willing to go the extra mile is key.
- Experience in AutoCAD and 3D Lift Plans beneficial but not required.
- Valid driver's license
- Previous experience in the construction or similar industry
- At least 2-3 years of proven outside sales success in equipment rental and sales
- $40,000-$60,000 plus commission based on experience
- Health, Vision, and Dental
- HSA (Health Savings Account)
- Life Insurance
- (PTO) Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) available
- Travel expenses including mileage reimbursement
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- equipment rental or equivalent: 3 years (Required)