- This position performs accounting and administrative duties.
- This position is responsible for accounts payable processing supplier documents including purchase orders, invoices and credit memos with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- This position reviews and reconciles clerical accounting documents prepared by others: provides technical assistance to staff to resolve problems; and reviews, verifies and processes accounts payable documents for accuracy, completeness, and compliance to established procedures.
- This position performs office duties such as answering phone calls, filing, and data input, and undertakes special tasks as assigned.
- This position creates and maintains various spreadsheets.
- This position requires reliable and consistent attendance. General knowledge of: clerical accounting principles, practices and techniques; accounts payable sufficient to recognize discrepancies, inconsistencies and errors and complete the required documents and procedures to make corrections; computer spreadsheet techniques sufficient to record, track, manipulate and report data; standard office practice, e.g. answering phones, copying, scanning, and file maintenance.
- Ability to: interpret and apply rules, regulations, policies and procedures; collect, compile, compute and interpret data and prepare associated reports; plan, implement and monitor clerical accounting methods and procedures; meet deadlines, prioritize and organize work and handle frequent interruptions; and effectively compose business correspondence and reports.
- This position requires physical abilities of sitting and working on a computer for a long period of time; typing on the computer key board; clicking computer mouse; using 10-key adding machine; bending/squatting and the ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- The work schedule is Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 4:00 pm. The employee may be required to work overtime and on weekends in order to meet deadlines.
- Construction Accounts Payable experience
- General Office experience
- Foundation Software experience (a plus)
- Knowledge of clerical accounting principles, practices and techniques
- Ability to interpret and apply rules, regulations, policies and procedures associated with accounting methods
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and organize work
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Accounts Payable: 1 year (Required)
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)