Acute Care hospital located in the Ohio/W Virginia/Virginia area is currently in search of an experienced Chief Financial Officer.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE AS A HOSPITAL CFO OR CONTROLLER IS REQUIRED
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the health system, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is a key member of the management team. The CFO provides leadership and oversight for accounting and finance functions, including general accounting, financial controls, internal/external financial accounting and reporting policy, audit, payroll, revenue cycle, treasury, supply chain, case management and budgeting/financial planning functions and efforts. He/she manages the budget and uses financial data to make recommendations to support strategy and decision-making, ensuring the long-term financial viability of the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall financial operations of the acute-care facility including accounting, preparation and review of financial statements, revenue cycle management, general accounting, budgetary, audits, and other financial planning activities within the hospital organization; including management of respective department heads.
- Working with system management to develop and implement policies and procedures, short- and long-range goals, objectives and plans.
- Work with hospital managers to create, evaluate and manage staffing plans for all departments.
- Providing financial leadership to hospital managers, directors and officers that will enroll support, create ownership of goals, and encourage active participate in decisions that impact the hospital.
- Ensuring the hospital meets necessary financial regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Contributing financial expertise in the planning of new services that generate additional sources of profitable revenue.
- Managing costs by continually seeking data that will identify opportunities and take action to eliminate non-value costs in conjunction with the hospital's Chief Executive Officer and Chief Nursing Officer.
- Analyzing areas in planning, promoting and conducting organization-wide performance improvement activities.
- Participating in the hospital's monthly operation reviews as well as participating in corporate office meetings as deemed necessary.
- Responsible for the administrative aspects of leading the department/team to include budgeting, time approvals, staff evaluations and expense approvals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with hospital staff and physicians.
- Experience to include strategic oversight with an emphasis on financial reporting analysis and cash flow management;
- Revenue cycle knowledge and problem solving skills, with knowledge of all business office functions, including all processes from insurance verification, registration (pre-registration) through discharge and terminal resolution of the patient bill; knowledge of managed care and other payer processes.
- Excellent verbal and listening skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with hospital staff and community.
- Ability to maintain confidential information concerning personal, financial or medical matters.
- Responsible for the administrative aspects of leading the department/ team to include budgeting, time approvals, staff evaluations and expense approvals.
WORK EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Previous CFO level or equivalent experience within a healthcare environment required with a minimum of five years in a top financial operations management position in healthcare. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Minimum 5 years financial/accounting progressive managerial experience in acute-care environment.
- Must be proficient in written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting Required. Master's Degree in Business Administration/Management or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred.
The facility offers a comprehensive benefit plan and a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)