A large Sacramento based Charter & Transportation Company is searching for an experienced CFO.
- Proven ability to create and own complex, data-driven financial modeling and analysis
- Hands-on financial experience performing budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis
- FP&A skills necessary for accurately representing business results in financial statements
- Demonstrated problem solver w/ an emphasis on process improvements
- Ability to compile data, develop insights, and communicate recommendations to Business Owner
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Embraces ambiguity and will take ownership of projects and lead them to completion
- Developing and overseeing core finance & accounting, tax planning, & risk management processes
- Responsible for tracking dozens of vehicles including cost accounting, amortizations schedules, etc.
- Providing fiduciary oversight and supporting sound internal financial decision-making
- Implementing and maintaining financial controls and administering Operating Funds ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations, and cost allocations
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of all tax returns
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors
- Manage, enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems and ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting
- Work with the Managing Principal to create an investment portfolio that optimizes returns and risks by incorporating financial objectives, tax consequences, and time horizons
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
- Five years' experience in a senior role
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls, and compliance-related issues
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
Our Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time