We are an accounting and business management firm specializing in the entertainment sector, located in New Orleans, LA.
This is a part-time accounting position with potential to learn the business and build a career as a business manager for the right candidate (a business manager manages the FINANCIAL aspects of a client's career only). This position is also a great opportunity to add weekly client hours to your workload if you have a few other accounting/ book-keeping clients as hours are somewhat flexible. It would be an ideal opportunity for a recent graduate from a music business program that focused on finances.
The ideal candidate is someone who is looking for part-time book-keeping/ accounting work, and has some experience working with the music/ entertainment industry. Please see below.
- Bookkeeping including daily cash flow maintaining accounts payable and accounts receivable. - Bank reconciliations and journal entries
- Financial and accounting activities for tour reconciliations, royalties statement analysis and reconciling client inter-company accounts
- Managing client and vendor correspondences, records and files; provide client account maintenance assistance and administrative tasks thereof
- Ability to interact professionally with clients and their teams
- Special projects as needed
- Accounting education and / or experience a must
- Experience working with Quickbooks application
- Experience working in the music industry is very helpful- strong interest in the music and entertainment industry from a BUSINESS MANAGEMENT standpoint is a must
- Excellent Microsoft Office applications skills including Excel, Word, & Outlook
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Professional, enthusiastic and positive in a client-forward environment
** Accounting, Business Management, Financial Advisor, Junior Account Manager
Job Type: Part-time