The primary purpose of this position is to develop, coordinate, direct and administer our company's marketing and public relations programs and services. Provide admissions that are required to meet the facility's census and revenue goals, and support key relationships with physicians, case managers and other health facility customers by accomplishing specific business goals and ensure that the facility is in compliance with policies and procedures that govern our facilities as it relates to the marketing process
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the facility's public relations and marketing program and activities in order to maintain and increase our census and to provide the community with information relative to our facility, its programs, services and practices.
- Follow the written policies and procedures that govern the release of information concerning the residents, employees, and/or facility in accordance with current Privacy Rules and Regulations.
- Assist department directors in the development and use of marketing and public relations policies and procedures, and establish a rapport in and between departments so that each staff member can realize the importance of his/her role in the marketing and public relations programs.
- Ensure that public information (policy manuals, brochures, information packets, etc.,) describing the services provided in the facility is accurate and fully descriptive.
- In conjunction/coordinate with the Chief Operations Officer, develop and implement long range plans for the facility in its effort to establish and maintain our marketing and public relations programs.
- Support and promote the philosophy, goals and objectives of the facility's marketing and public relations programs and activities.
- Assist in standardizing the methods in which marketing and public relations program and activities will be developed and implemented.
- Represent the facility at and participate in top-level meetings.
- ent programs, publications, etc., as necessary.
- Develop, schedule and guide tours/personnel through the facility.
- Keep a supply of brochures, and other printed material readily available for persons requesting such data.
- Assist with promotions, publications, newsletter, etc., as necessary.
- Develop and maintain a current file of media contacts.
- Contact the news media when new programs, promotions, etc., are implemented within the facility that will be beneficial to the facility and community alike.
- Keep the Chief Operations Officer informed of newspaper, radio and television accounts of noteworthy items of general interest that may have an impact on our facility or the regulations that govern our facility.
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the Chief Operations Officer concerning our facility's marketing and public relations programs and activities.
- Agree not to disclose resident's protected health information and promptly report suspected or known violations of such disclosure to the Administrator and Chief
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of our facility's admission requirements, services and programs.
Business Development Director (Skilled Nursing) Qualifications
- MUST have 2+ years of business development experience WITHIN a skilled nursing facility (Please show this experience on your resume!
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of principles of effective communication, mass media, advertising, policies, education, community relations, demonstration, organization structure, social and activity services, government relations, etc., as they relate to nursing facility operations.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize and effectively present ideas and concepts to community groups/agencies.
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Must possess the ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources, analyze information and make recommendations to the Administrator.
- Must possess the ability to establish, implement and maintain effective marketing and public relations program.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must possess the ability to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing practices.
- Must be able to maintain good personnel relations and employee morale.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing the release of information.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- relevant: 2 years (Required)
- Business Development: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible schedule