A well-established cosmetics company looking for a creative partner who can collaborate with the Founder, purchasing team, and Business Manager to drive all phases in developing on-trend, innovative, and high-quality Cosmetic and Personal Care products.
This role focuses on identifying beauty trends through data analytics, sales, competitive research and social listening, building retail strategies to support category growth, formula development and shade evaluation with a strong emphasis on organization, speed and quality. The Product Development Manager will oversee the full product cycle from concept to launch for the entire product line. The ideal Product Development candidate will have extensive experience developing complexion products and building out inclusive shade ranges.
This position is centered around cross-functional partnership with purchasing and quality control to ensure quality products are developed from concept to completion. This will include working with the Founder on new product concepts, creating lab requests evaluating multiple project submissions daily, providing timely and concise feedback to vendors, and managing to deadlines within a fast-track project timeline. This role will also be dedicated to evaluating the competitive landscape, analyzing trends, and identifying product extensions to develop a PD pipeline for future launches.
- Prepare development samples and materials for meetings with partner and Founder to discuss ongoing projects, proposed concepts, color trends and competing brands data within the color space.
- Develop product briefs, analyze current assortment and provide assortment options
- Oversee all aspects of product development cycle from inception to launch including identifying product attributes and performance targets, formula development, formula modifications, shade matching, production batch approvals, and comp requests.
- Partner with the Manufacturing teams (production and compounding) for the scale up process, batch reviews and production runs
- Identify opportunities to optimize revenue and profit via improvements to existing formulas
- Utilize trends and knowledge of competitive landscape to identify gaps in the current product assortment
- Work with Product Marketing to validate claims and marketing story behind each product to support campaigns, displays and sell sheets
- 5+ years' experience in cosmetics product development with a focus on Complexion
- Strong ideation and conceptual skills
- Must be detail oriented, organized and able to relay concise feedback within org.
- Must be an independent self-starter, and work well within a flexible, entrepreneurial environment
- Must be data driven, strategic thinker with an eye on the bigger picture
- Team player, reliable partner, and collaborative thinker is a must
- Strong project management skills
Job Type: Full-time
- Cosmetic Product Development: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off