Are you working at a CPA firm, looking to make a move into private accounting?
If you are looking to make a move out of Public Accounting and into private, and you have:
- 2+ years of audit or relevant experience at a CPA Firm
- A Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- A good understanding of GAAP
- The ability to research, understand and apply government accounting regulation
Then this is what we can offer:
- A stable job within the Healthcare Industry in today's uncertain environment
- Knowledge and experience within the Healthcare Industry
- Competitive salary & benefits
We are a medium-sized Healthcare Provider located near downtown Los Angeles. The well majority of our revenue comes from government sources (State and Federal) and because of this we are audited regularly. We are looking for someone to primarily assist with the day-to-day issues of these audits, but in addition help with a variety of accounting and financial issues. Specifically the position would entail:
- Managing the day to day interactions from primarily Medi-Cal Cost Report Auditors, but also City of Los Angeles Business Tax Auditors, Medicare Cost Report Auditors, and County of Los Angeles Property Tax Auditors. This includes:
- Interacting with the auditors to determine the audit documentation required.
- Gathering and reviewing the documentation for appropriateness to submit to the auditors.
- Tracking documentation requests to ensure requests have been fulfilled.
- Reporting to supervisor status of audits, any documentation deficiencies, and recommending improvements to the audit process.
- Managing and collecting the information necessary to complete the annual Medicare and Medi-Cal cost reports.
- Ensuring appropriate responses to other government audit types, as required.
- Assisting with the annual budget process.
- Reviewing and analyzing erroneous accounting transactions to recommend correcting journal entries.
- Variance analysis on financial statements.
- Other projects as assigned by the Controller.
Job Type: Full-time
- Auditing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift