Department: Property Management
The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for providing excellent customer service and coordinating all aspects of the apartment community operation. The Assistant Property Manager assists the Property Manager in the day-to-day operation of multi-family properties; spearheads all leasing responsibilities and assumes leadership and initiative in the absence of the Property Manager.
- Greet prospects and pre-qualify by covering all criteria (ask questions; utilize completed guest cards, etc).
- Immediately record all telephone and in-person visits on appropriate reports.
- Files guest cards and maintain according to established procedures.
- Demonstrate features and benefits of the community and link to tenants needs; close the sale.
- Have prospect complete application and secure deposit in accordance with company procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
- Update availability report, process applications for approvals (i.e. credit check, rental history, etc). Submit processed applications to the for approval. Follow up with applicant regarding status.
- Ensure apartment is ready for resident to move-in on agreed date.
- Immediately follow-up on prospects that did not close and attempt to close sale again. If unable to help prospect, refer them to sister communities to meet prospect's needs.
- Secure new residents ' signature(s) on appropriate paperwork prior to move-in. Orient new residents to community.
- Monitor renewals, initiate wellness calls 60-90 days before renewal date. Distribute follow-up on renewal notices.
- Assist in monitoring advertising effectiveness by reviewing and commenting on marketing material.
- Distribute all company or community-issued notices.
- Ability to always represent the company in a professional manner.
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store and analyse information.
- Understand the Apartment Community lease and contracted credit report application.
- Accept rental payments and post rents to the computer.
- Comply with company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Record monies collected and prepare bank deposit slips on an on-going basis.
- Debit, credit and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases using specialized accounting software.
- Ensure that all proper and legal documents are received, current, accurately verified and entered into the computer from new vendors, prior to payment being processed.
- Provide accounting support to Property Managers.
- Assist in lease transactions by typing leases, gathering applicant's history and credit approvals.
- Maintain accurate monthly commission sheets on leases, renewals and delinquencies for bonus purposes.
- Assume Property Manager's duties/authority in absence of immediate supervisor in accordance with company guidelines.
- Receive all telephone calls and in-person visits. Listen to resident requests, concerns and comments.
- Support Property Manager to ensure maintenance Service Requests are completed quickly. Answer questions for residents about community, repairs, rent, rules, etc. Follow up on a timely basis if unable to respond to residents on all matters.
- Ensure all maintenance repairs are handled satisfactorily by contacting residents with completed Service Requests on a weekly basis.
- Maintain open communication with Property Manager and maintenance team.
- Contribute to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on continuing basis.
- Assist in planning resident functions. Attend functions and participate as host for any functions as directed by the Property Manager.
- Advise residents of referral concessions (if permitted).
- Assist in placing, removing/updating banners, balloons, bandit signs, flags, etc.
- Distribute newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, etc.
- Assist in conducting market surveys and shop competitive communities.
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Decision Making.
- Financial Management.
- Results Driven.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Some weekends required.
Yes, travel is expected between local properties.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent vocational/technical training.
- Two years of industry experience.
- Yardi experience is required
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employees may be required to lift up to 25lbs.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire.
NOVO Properties is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Salary: $45,000.00 /year
- Property Manager: 2 years (Required)
- Yardi: 1 year (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules