The Assistant Manager is responsible for providing assistance to the Department Manager in supervising and facilitating the daily operations of the department according to set goals and business objectives. Daily operations include supervision of staff, customer satisfaction, product quality assurance and department maintenance.
- Provide assistance to the Department Manager in supervising and facilitating the daily operations of the department.
- Oversee some of the responsibilities of the Department Manager in their absence.
- Provide direction, guidance and instruction to all department employees as required.
- Ensure the department conditions are consistently upheld to established standards.
- Is the Liaison between employees and the Department Manager to ensure information is conveyed properly and expectations are communicated.
- Greet and assist customers in a way that models exemplary conduct to the other staff.
- Ensure company policies are consistently adhered to and upheld by all employees.
- Handle customer complaints as they arise, escalating to the appropriate individual as deemed necessary.
- Ensure that all health and safety issues are adhered to and required standards met.
- Oversee and assist in inventory management, including ordering of product.
- Ensures quality of work is free from errors, accurate and reliable; setting a positive example by maintaining and exceeding quality standards set within the department.
- Makes sure output of work exceeds that of the other team members, keeping a constant pace and delegating when necessary.
- Manages paperwork in a timely fashion; receiving order and ensuring invoice accuracy.
- Communicates with Department Manager regularly with regards to any issues affecting the department.
- Providing assistance with store openings, if necessary.
- Provide superior customer service and deal with customer complaints or concerns
- Assist in receiving all incoming products and inspect the items for freshness and quality and reconcile products received with packing slips, purchase orders, invoices, claim forms, etc
- Maintain a neat, well groomed personal appearance at all times and observe company dress code
- Minimize out-of-stock and overstock to ensure fresh merchandise
- Oversee the readiness of the department, the quality of the product for sale, the appearance of the counters, the appearance of staff and the cleanliness of retail areas at all times
- Ensure that all product is properly stored and rotated in the cooler area and in the retail area
- Work with the department manager in designing merchandising and department layouts
- Other duties as assigned
EFFORT AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Physical Demands - Standing, walking, reaching, bending, twisting, ability to carry/lift
- 50 lbs.
- Working Conditions - Inside, Cold and dry.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must have 1-3 years Produce experience.
- Must be able to lead support and contribute to team goals.
- Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is essential.
- Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise.
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing; Excellent listening skills
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Professional demeanor under stressful situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of retail sales principles, methods, practices and techniques
- Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $37,000.00 to $42,000.00 /year