A New York City based construction firm has an available opportunity for an experienced Assistant Project Manager to be part of our team.
Qualifications for Assistant Construction Project Manager:
- Candidates must be familiar with the New York City Building Code, as well as have a working knowledge of the principles and terminology in the Construction Industry.
- Prior work experience in the Construction Industry required.
- Technical, Associate's, or Bachelor's Degree pertaining to the Construction field (Civil, Mechanical, Environmental, etc.) is a plus.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Reliable means of transportation necessary.
- Must be a team player and work well with others.
Responsibilities: for Assistant Construction Project Manager:
- Assist in project development from initiation to close.
- Accountable for assigned project results.
- Interface with other members of company to ensure accuracy with outlining scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget, and timing.
- Coordinate any field inspections that need to be routed through the dispatch center for scheduling.
- Provide a project schedule to identify each task performed.
- Clearly communicate expectations to team members and Inspectors.
- Resolve any issues and solve problems during the duration of each project.
- Effectively manage project scope by ensuring any changes to scope are documented and approved with the project change request forms.
- Track and report on project milestones and provide reports to management.
- Determine how results will be measured and complete a post-project evaluation to determine how well results were achieved.
- Ensure all project documents are stored and tracked on a timely basis.
- Proactively assess project issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality, and financial goals.
- Effectively coordinate and interface with all staff members in company and its sister companies.
- Attend client meetings on an as-needed basis and produce a billable report.
We offer a competitive salary and good benefits package, including healthcare benefits and paid time off.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction Industry: 5 years (Preferred)