We are looking for a key person who will manage a department and maintain a positive and productive operating environment, while answering to the President directly in daily collaboration, strategizing and execution of our corporate mission.
You will ensure that your department staff has the necessary tools to perform their daily tasks, and manage general office procedures to ensure processes and duties in your office run smoothly.
If you are proactive, hyper-organized and able to handle multiple tasks and wish to participate in the success of our team, this position is for you!
You will be working for an established manufacturing company that serves the uniformed community across Canada. There is no ''selling'', just efficient and positive customer service.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will be required to perform the following:
- maintain office processes and standards of operation
- participate in negotiating agreements with customers and suppliers
- manage government contracts
- prepare government request for quotations
- work on costings
- provide administrative support to the management team
- assure liaison between work teams, employees and managers
- answering incoming calls, scheduling production and greeting visitors
Qualifications and Skills
You will need:
- 1+ year of experience as an office manager
- experience working in an established business environment, maintaining and improving existing systems
- bilingual, excellent written and verbal communication skills (English and French)
- excellent organizational and planning skills and enjoy finding solutions to solve issues
- initiative and the ability to understand other people's needs
- enthusiasm and appreciation of work well done
- strong sense of diplomacy, confidentiality and integrity
- ability to prioritize effectively and be proactive
- strong customer service skills for both internal and external clients
- keen attention to detail
You will receive:
- competitive salary
- you get to work as part of a great team doing important work
- you will meet many interesting people who wish to work with you as part of a well established company
- fixed hours, with no time required outside of working hours
- located just east of downtown Montreal and easily accessible by bridge and public transport
Job Type: Full-time