The Accounting Manager will handle all aspects of the Company's financial and managerial accounting. Specific experience and qualifications include three plus years of inventory system management and budgeting and cash flow management. The candidate must possess the ability to clearly communicate in a professional and concise manner and demonstrate superior interpersonal skills.
The position reports directly to the Company's CEO and interfaces consistently with other members of senior management and staff. Pay rate is commensurate with expertise and qualifications. The Company is based in Miami, Fl.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of accounting; billing, financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, tax compliance, inventory accounting, cost accounting, revenue recognition, and various special analyses.
- Maintain complete control over the inventory management system, ensuring the continual integrity of inventory valuation and cost of sales.
- Develop, maintain and present annual budgets, sales, profitability and cash flow projections.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial and cash flow statements and review with management on regular intervals.
- Analyze business operations, financial commitments, costs, revenues and trends to develop projections for management analysis and future trends.
- Advise on financial analyses and decision-making regarding capital investments, pricing, contract negotiations, significant costs, benchmarks, and other matters with management.
- Provide suggestions and feedback to management regarding budget forecasts, resource utilization, and operational efficiencies and practices.
- Meet and present historical financial results projections to current and future stakeholders, banks, joint venture partners and other business associates.
- Coordinate third party reviews and audits and provide accurate and concise information in a timely manner to auditors and other outside parties.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws regarding finances, tax filings, reporting and regulations as well as all debt covenants, including coordination of the preparation of tax returns.
- Maintain documented system of accounting policies and operations.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in accounting with emphasis in finance, business administration and/or international business.
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Three years or more of experience in manufacturing accounting and finance with specific focus on inventory management.
- Excellent computer skills; experience in accounting software, inventory management software, and Microsoft Office Suite as well as other system knowledge.
- Able to work well with senior executives and team, as well as mentor/lead other team members.
- Excellent presentation written and verbal communication skills including the ability to conduct presentation to groups of individuals.
- Ability to grasp national and international laws, standards, and regulations.
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) license not required but a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)