Established Toronto digital agency is looking for an experienced, freelance WordPress web developer to join our growing team. You will work off-site but will be required to meet for periodic meetings/briefings at our north Toronto office. This is an ongoing (permanent) freelance opportunity.
Must be able to plan, organize and carry out all aspects of the web development process with WordPress. This includes: assisting with project scope/direction, developing wire-frames, implementing design concepts, mock-ups, coding, development and testing of the final website.
Main Technology & Skill Requirements:
- Excellent understanding of WordPress theme development and modification of commercial themes
- Knowledge of common WordPress plugins
-Experience with a leading drag-and-drop WordPress framework, like Genesis or Headway - Thorough understanding of Bootstrap and responsive web design
- Understanding WordPress security issues and best practices for website back up
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- Graduated from an interactive design program at a recognized college
- A strong portfolio from 3+ years of progressive experience and demonstrated abilities across a range of WordPress applications
- Excellent English skills both written and spoken
- A desire to work in a collaborative team environment
- Strong creative and problem-solving abilities If interested, we would like to hear from you.
Experience developing community or directory types of website including implementing site advertising would be a huge advantage!
Position is available NOW. If you have any other qualifications you feel could be assets, please let us know.
How to Apply: Please send your resume, portfolio URL and hourly salary expectation in confidence to this ad. Only those candidates we would like to interview will be contacted. NO RECRUITERS PLEASE.
Job Type: Part-time