Under moderate supervision, performs Order Entry, Billings and Collections functions in accordance with established procedures and as directed by the Accounting Manager. This position is responsible for the timely and accurate registration of sales and collections transactions. The incumbent maintains custody and control of a Cash Fund of $200 plus the daily collections (Counter and COD Sales only) for which precise records must be kept. The individual will be responsible for the safe keeping and precise accounting of funds under custody, and will also provide clerical and support services, as required.
1. Periodically, as indicated in the relevant procedure, precisely inputs Order Entry information into the computer and verifies accuracy and correspondence with the relevant documentation, by cash balance and deposit.
2. On a daily basis, processes sales order by generating the corresponding invoices to customers. Is responsible for accurate registration of complete information from customers. (i.e., Company Name, Address, Job Name and other information)
3. Assist the Accounting Manager and Collections manager interpreting and resolving accounts receivable problems with clients.
4. With the periodicity required, processes collections by accurately applying cash, credit card payments and checks received to the individual customer account.
5. Prepares Orders, Credit Notes Vouchers, special information and appropriate invoices to be processed.
6. Verifies payments applied to Invoices through the Cash batch and makes corrections when needed.
7. Calculates on a daily basis, the Daily Cash Balance and submits it for review and approval by the Accounting Manager.
8. Reports the transaction of the week and faxes the Cross Check on a weekly basis (Friday afternoons) according to CrossCheck procedure.
9. Files and retrieves Accounts Receivable documents as needed. Maintains official customers files for the fiscal year, for future cross reference.
10. Assist in maintaining and arranging departmental files.
11. Assist the Accounting Manager in monthly reconciliation of the revenue account
12. Assist the Accounting Manager, Credit Manager and staff, in research of discrepancies and resolution of Accounting Receivable problems with invoices. Obtains appropriate approvals to have open credit applied.
13. Works with the Credit Manager to reconcile Accounts Receivable balances at least once quarterly and inputs the adjustments into the Accounts Receivables Ledger according to the Credit Manager's instructions.
1. Data entry abilities (speed to handle keyboard)
2. Computer literate, accurate and focused
3. Previous experience with A/R portion of widely used accounting software
4. Organizational abilities. Works orderly and neatly
5. High School graduate or equivalent. Two years of college preferred
6. Experience handling cash. Helpful but not required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour