We're a client acquisition leader for DirecTV, AT&T, HughesNet and many other well-established telecommunications and technology companies. In recent times, we have added insurance to our growing list of products and services offered to meet consumers' ever-evolving needs.
We are looking for a high energy, self-motivated hands on Senior Level Accountant with strong analytical and technical skills to manage our Accounting Department and Personnel. This position will focus primarily on managing the day to day functions of the accounting department which include the ability to maintain, update, and report financial information as needed. Responsible for leading and assisting in corporate accounting issues and analysis, internal management reporting and external reporting and guidance research in a timely manner which will satisfy the informational requirements of senior management and independent auditors. This position will report to the Controller.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Below is a list of essential duties of this position. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Assist the Controller and lead the staff during the monthly accounting close for the various Corporate entities including preparation/review of JE's, account reconciliations, financial analysis and ad hoc requests as needed
- Assists in ensuring accuracy, propriety and completeness for monthly, quarterly and year-end closings.
- Assists in ensuring accuracy of overall reporting and consistency with internal and external requirements
- Assists in preparing and analyzes monthly financial statements; and monthly operating results against budget and forecast; prepares monthly reports.
- Prepares and/or reviews reconciliations of key general ledger accounts.
- Ensures compliance with accounting standards and polices.
- Researches, analyzes, and resolves questions from department managers relating to accounting issues.
- Assists in preparing monthly consolidated P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow Statements.
- Maintains financial ledgers and accounting processes.
- Ensures timely and accurate internal and external reporting of all financial data.
- Maintains systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company's value.
- Implements and maintains procedures to improve workflow efficiencies.
- Maintains good working relationships, acts professionally and positively represents the Company.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Participates in relevant and mandatory training.
- Takes the initiative to identify problems, uses judgment to find appropriate solutions and follows through on resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Supervise the financial accounting staff
- Supports team efforts, actively works to generate respect and enthusiasm, cooperates with others, and actively learns from other team members.
- Interacts and communicates with vendors and other co-workers in a professional and appropriate manner and responds to and gives feedback in a respectful and positive manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- 5+ years financial accounting and reporting experience
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Software implementation/changeover experience a plus
- Advanced Excel modeling skills
- Solid experience managing accounting operations
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- To perform the duties of this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below outline the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies that are required in this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 5 years of accounting / financial reporting experience
- Supervisory experience is a plus
- Knowledge of accounting principles and ability to accurately apply and use financial and accounting concepts.
- Ability to effectively present information, communicate with, and respond to questions from co-workers, management, and external groups.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation
- Ability to write reports, correspondence, and procedures as well as make internal and external presentations.
- Ability to interact with others in a professional and appropriate manner and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and communicates well with all levels in the company.
- Proficient with computers and applicable software (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Oracle, Outlook).
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to perform work with considerable independence under minimal direction. Ability to exercise judgment and make decisions independently.
- Capable of reporting to work on time prepared to perform the duties of the position and willingness to perform duties as necessary.
PAY & BENEFITS:
- Salary, exempt. Based on experience
- Paid time off after 90 days
- Health plan options and automatic life insurance after 60 days
- 401(k) with generous company matching
- Monthly and annual employee recognition awards
- Company sponsored events and outings
- Many community involvement opportunities
- Career growth opportunities
- Work-life balance
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Employee discounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules